UEFA Champions League Digital Outreach 2013
Final TV viewing
- The highest audiences in Germany in 2013 so far are all for UEFA Champions League fixtures.
- Average 2.5 million fans watched in Germany (peak 23.78m) - the highest TV audience since UEFA EURO 2012. Audience 150m+ (projected).
- Global unique reach more than 260 million. The world's most-watched annual sporting event.
- Visits from over 230 countries or territories from all comers of the globe.
- UEFA Champions League the main traffic driver to UEFA.com.
- % increase on 2012 final: 1)Year-on-year growth in visits; 2) Increase in visitors to the UEFA Champions League section - 25%; 3) 20% of visits from mobile and tablets (growing 78% YoY).
- UEFA Champions League site nominated for a Webby.
- 4.8 million tweets in 3.5 hours on finals night. 10 stars have their photo taken as Twitter Mirror is used in a footballing environment for the first time.
- 1.1m - @ChampionsLeague followers.
- 103k - new followers during final week.
- Top moment. Reaction to the full-time whistle - 117.601 tweets per minute.
- Number of devices (April-May 2013) & mentions of #UCL final, UEFA's official hashtag: 1) UEFA Champions League semi-final second legs ~ 70k devices; 2) Referee announced ~ 20k; 3) Teams arrive in London ~ 35k; 4)
150.824 on the day of the final (total 190.000).
- Top 3 active countries: 1) Indonesia; 2) Mexico; 3) Brazil.
- 53.498 Facebook comments.
- 70.857 Facebook shares.
- 188.7% growth over the season.
- 74 posts.
- 8.9m total likes.
- 175.000+ new fans.
- 171k likes for the official UEFA Women's Champions League page - up 248% this year.
- 5 hangouts streamed live.
- 4 million total followers.
- 7th highest page in the world.
- Fans from around the world join hangouts with Steve McManaman, Ian Rush, Patrik Andersson, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Robert Pires and Karl-Heinz Riedle: 7 European Cup winners' medals between them.
- 2 million+ channels views. Videos posted in seven languages.
- First European integration of 8 Hangout and livestream producing +7k hours of live viewing hours by fans.
- x15 growth during the season.
- 58.000+ video views on final day.
UEFA Champions Festival
- Visitors: 40.000 (Stratford: 34.000, Trafalgar Square: 6.000).
- 10.000+ Google Plus photoball pictures taken.
- First use of RFID (touch-in) technology: 1) 13.000 registered cards; 2) 85.000 interactions; 3) 16.000 emails triggered; 4) 4.170 social media posts.
UEFA Champions League Final: Wembley 2013 | UEFA.com