Drive Back To The 80's With LiftShare.com
- 2011. Petrol costs £1.37/l. Roll a die down Memory Lane and remind yourself how good we had it back in the day.
- 2005. David Tennant becomes the tenth Doctor.
- 2003. The Second Gulf War starts. Go back 2 spaces.
- 2000. British ports are blockaded in protest against the rising cost of petrol.
- 1999. You are preparing your millennium party and petrol costs 70p/l. You can still pay this price by car-sharing with 1 person.
- 1998. Britney Spears makes it No. 1 with "Baby One More Time".
- 1997. Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone is published.
- 1996. Take that split up! Miss a turn.
- 1995. Toy Story is the best selling film of the year and the first to be made entirely in CGI.
- 1994. Channel Tunnel joins Britain and France. Roll again.
- 1993. Your first mobile phone is the size of a brick and petrol costs 46p/l. You can still pay this price by car-sharing with 2 people.
- 1991. At £70, the Nintendo Game Boy is launched in the UK and becomes a bestseller.
- 1989. The Berlin Wall falls. Move forward 2 spaces.
- 1987. "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany makes it No.1.
- 1985. Live Aid concerts around the world raise over £50 million.
- 1983. You are sporting a mullet and petrol costs 37p/l. You can still pay this price by car-sharing with 3 people.
- The end. Hope you enjoyed your journey. Did you know that if you car-share on your daily journey with one person, you can save an average of £700/year? What would you do with £800 in your pocket?