GREATER AUSTIN HOUSING MARKET UPDATE (OCTOBER 2012)
- 1.960 single-family homes sold (37% more than October 2011).
- Median price for single-family homes - $199.320 (5% more than October).
- Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market - 68 (14 days fewer than October 2011).
- New single-family home listings on the market - 2.245 (30% more than October 2011).
- Active single-family home listings on the market - 6.327 (20% less than October 2011).
- Pending sales for single-family homes - 1.918 (19% more than October 2011).
- Months of inventory of single-family homes - 3.4 (1.6 months less than October 2011).
Trends in other sectors of the Austin real estate market: Townhouses & conditions
- Volume of townhouses and condominiums (condos) purchased in the Austin area in October 2012 was 197. The median price for condos was - $183.890.
- In October 2012, a total of 1.163 properties were leased in Austin. The median price for Austin leases was $1.300.