4-Hour Body Slow-Carb Dieting
This infographic is best used as a quick guide only! See the official site for results: fourhourbody.com. Buy a printable pdf for your wall at fitnessinfographics.com.
The 5 rules
- #1 Avoid "white" carbs.
- #2 Eat the same meals repeatedly.
- #3 Don't drink calories.
- #4 Don't eat fruit.
- #5 Take one day off per week.
What to eat
- Mix and match from the list, eat as much as you like, but keep it simple. Pick a few meals and repeat them again and again.
- Proteins: 1) Egg whites; 2) Organic eggs; 3) Chicken breast/thigh; 4) Beef (grass-fed); 5) Fish; 6) Pork.
- Legumes: 1) Lentils; 2) Black beans; 3) Pinto beans; 4) Red beans; 5) Soybeans.
- Vegetables: 1) Spinach; 2) Mixed vegetables; 3) Broccoli, cauliflower; 4) Cabbage, cress, bok choy; 5) Sauerkraut/kimchi; 6) Asparagus; 7) Peas; 8) Green beans.
- Condiments: 1) Montreal steak rub; 2) Garlic salt; 3) Sriracha; 4) Hot sauce; 5) Salsa w/o sugar; 6) Macadamia and olive oil; 7) Butter; 8) Spices & herbs; 9) Mustard.
- Not allowed!: 1) Bread, grains, quinoa; 2) Rice (including brown); 3) Cereal; 4) Potatoes; 5) Pasta; 6) Tortillas; 7) Fried foods with breading; 8) Milk; 9) cheeses; 10) Refined soy products; 11) Fruit; 12) Ketchup; 13) Creamy
dressings; 14) Sugar, honey, corn syrup; 15) Corn, popcorn; 16) Kombucha.
- 24 hour schedule: 1) Sleep (8 hours) (breakfast, lunch, smaller second lunch, dinner); 2) Supplement timing (AGG, PAGG); 3) On cheat days (air squats (30-50), chest pulls (30-50), wall presses (30-50)); 4) Eating & supplements
(outer circle); 5) Cheat day workouts (inner circle); 6) Meals are approximately 4 hours apart!
- Magnesium (400 mg).
- Potassium (470 mg).
- Calcium (1 g).
- The PAGG stack: 1) Policosanol (20-25 mg); 2) Alpha-lipoic acid (100-300 mg); 3) Green tea flavanols (325 mg); 4) Garlic extract (200 mg).
- The ingredients in PAGG work together, and they all work on how the body stores fa, uses fat for energy, and depletes the fat cells as they are used up. (See above for timing)
How to binge
- Principle 1. Minimize the release of insulin, a storage hormone: 1) First meal: High in protein (30 g) and insoluble fiber (legumes), 300-500 calories; 2) Second meal: Consume a small quantity of fructose, fruit sugar, in grapefruit juice
right before; 3) All meals: reduce the amount of insulin the pancreas releases by using PAGG; 4) All meals: Consume citric juices.
- Principle 2. Increase the speed of gastric emptying. Ingest 100-200 mg of caffeine, or 16 ounces of cooked yerba mate at the most crap-laden meals to get the food in and out of your body as fast as possible.
- Principle 3. Engage in brief muscular contraction throughout the binge. Do 60-90 seconds (or 30-50 repetitions) of air squats, wall presses and chest pulls before each binge meal, and again 90 minutes afterward.
Common mistakes & misunderstandings
- If you plateau, make sure to correct these mistakes first, before you change anything else!
- #1 Not eating within one hour of waking (preferable within 30 minutes).
- #2 Not eating enough protein (eat 20g per meal).
- #3 Not drinking enough water.
- #4 Believing that you'll cook (buy canned and frozen foods).
- #5 Mis-timing weighings with your menstrual cycle.
- #6 Overeating "domino foods": Nuts; Chickpeas; Hummus.
- #7 Overconsuming artificial or "all-natural" sweeteners (aspartame).
- #8 Hitting the gym too often.
From Tim Ferriss, author of 4-Hour Body (Slow-Carb) Dieting | Buy a printable version of this poster at www.fitnessinfographics.com.