Evolution Of Man
Evolution of man means the process of developing... Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. As we look at the life of the average man, we get a feel for the ways and reasons why our bodies are constantly changing.
Throughout childhood our bodies are growing as quickly as our parents can clothe them, as soon as puberty sets in (9 to 14), the cruelty begins. Hair starts springing up in private places, our voices crack, and from 15 to 25 we
continue to wake to new surprises nearly every day.
- 85% of all teens/early adults have acne and 25% will have permanent scars pimples and pimple popping.
- The average man's voice starts to change when he hits 13 1/2.
- We start abusing our bodies more, for example in the US, 11% of middle school kids have tried smoking.
- The average man stops growing in height between the ages of 21 to 25.
- Young adults generally are more active especially with team sports, the gym, dancing, and other opportunities to lose weight and feel great while attracting the opposite sex.
- Social drinking begins... 10 million youths in the US between 12 and 20 have consumed alcohol in the last 30 days.
Age 35 and older
- By 35 men start to lose their kinetic energy, stop going to the gym, and spend more time on the couch watching team sports than playing them This is generally when the weight starts to pack on. The average
man starts getting gray hair at the age of 30 and more than 50% will to totally grey by 50.
- Based on a Gallup poll, 60% of adults in this age group drink beer. At a time when physical activity is declining, beer bellies start increasing.
- The #1 killer of men in their 40's and 50's is heart disease.
- Men in their 40's start to see a huge increase in the risk of disease like diabetes, kidney disease, and high blood pressure.
- By the age of 60 muscle and bone strength degrades to a point where it starts to become difficult to walk at time and generally even light activity can cause pain.
- 66% of men are bald by this age.
Age 60 and above
- Problems with cataracts and macular degeneration start causing eye sight issues at this age and prostate problems are very common.
- After the age of 60 we may just not care as much about how we look or the effort is just not worth it. Just ask your grandpa.
- What hair is left on our heads starts to fall out and our teeth.
- After the age of 70 our bodies get even weaker and it becomes a struggle to do just about any physical activity.
- In the US 30.6 percent of the adult population is obese and amazingly 71% of all men over 70 are at least overweight. You can compare this ti Japan where only 3% of population is obese or overweight.
Vital medical tests for males in their 50's and older
- Rectal exam and PSA test - to check your colon and prostate and should be done yearly, the PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) is a blood test to check for signs of prostate cancer.
- Testicular exam - to check for testicular cancer and should be done on men aged 15 to 40.
- Cholesterol profile - to check your risk for a heart attack and should be done once every 5 years.
- Thyroid hormone test - to check for hormone's vital in metabolism.
- Colonoscopy - also done to check for colon cancer.
- Vision test - to check your eyes for vision problems and should be done once a year or even two years.
- Skin exam - to check for skin cancer and should be done from head to toe.
- Immunizations - a flu shot is needed yearly and tetanus booster every 10 years.
- Fasting blood sugar - to check your risk for diabetes that can lead to heart disease, kidney failure and blindness.
- Blood pressure - to check for hypertension which can affect the heart, brain, eyes and kidneys. Normal blood pressure is 115 over 70.
Nondiet.com | Resources: http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/m/mens-health; http://www.peoples-health.com/puberty.htm; http://www.drpaul.com/pubertyboys.html; http://www.associatedcontent.com/
article/1815342/men_in_their_40s_and_health_risks?cat=5; http://men.webmd.com/simple-health-steps-men-40s-50s; http://www.gallup.com/poll/141656/drinking-rate-edges-slightly-year-high.aspx; http://www.chacha.com/quastion/
what-percent-of-40-year-old-men-are-bald; http://abcnews.go.com/gma/menshealthnews/story?id=8083450&page=1; http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/guide/milestone-medical-tests-50.