Going Mobile With Your Fitness, Health & Happiness
Keeping track of all things related to your health has never been so easy! The Internet and smartphones give you instant access to all the health apps you could ever hope to use. Studies have shown that: You can lose twice
the weight by tracking what you eat; You can find patterns in energy levels; You can find patterns in weight gain.
Why track you health?
- #1 You'll be more motivated. Being able to look back at your progress will keep you on track.
- #2 It gives you more accountability: 1) When someone else can see how well you are sticking to your goals, it can really help you stay on track; 2) Many sites offer forums where you can find fitness or diet partners.
- #3 You'll benefit from planning: 1) Just setting a goal isn't good enough to reach it. You'll need a plan; 2) Calculators can help you figure out how to reach your goals. Example: If you want to lose weight by a specific date,
a diet calculator can tell you how much to lose per day or week and how many calories you should consume.
- #4 Consistency. Tracking a health habit, whether it's drinking more water or doing a certain amount of cardio every day, makes it easier to follow.
The best of the web
- Websites offer convenient ways to track health and can be a handy way to connect with others who have similar health goals. Many sites offer a range of services rather than focusing on just one, and forums are frequently
- Sparkpeople (http://sparkpeople.com). Includes forum, diet plans, and food and fitness tracking. Also offers recipes.
- Diet.com (http://www.diet.com). Offers trackers for everything from meals and glucose levels to fitness and weight. Also offers recipes.
- Fitday.com (http://fitday.com). Provides tracking for calories, exercise, and weight loss.
- Wetra (http://www.appup.com/applications/applications-extra). Keeps track of your weight on a daily or weekly basis. Sends the tracking info to your doctor for a more customized diet plan.
- Stickk (http://www.stickk.com). Encourages you to meet goals by setting up monetary stakes to achieve them. Invites your friends to support you through your weight goal.
- Livestrong (http://livestrong.com). Provides tools for tracking and monitoring your health goals. Keeps you inspired through personal stories and videos.
- Dailyburn (http://dailyburn.com). Is a fitness social network for detailed tracking, online accountability, and motivation. has both online and mobile tools for keeping you on track.
- Fitocracy (http://fitocracy.com). Helps you reach fitness goals by turning exercise into a game. Earn points, tackle challenges and compare with others.