Life Insurance: Who's Covered
- 61% of men have some sort of life insurance coverage.
- 57% of women have some sort of life insurance coverage.
- Average amount of insurance coverage on married men - $235.600.
- Average amount of insurance coverage on married women - $147.800.
- 95 million US adults don't have any life insurance at all. That's 41%.
- % of Americans who say that life insurance is something most people need - 93%.
- % of Americans who admit they do not have adequate life insurance coverage - 50%.
- % of Americans who own an individually purchased life insurance policy - 44%.
- American households with children under 18 who would not be able to meet expenses if the primary wage-earner died: 1) 4 in 10 would immediately have trouble meeting everyday living expenses if a primary wage-earner
died today; 2) Another 3 in 10 would have trouble meeting expenses after several months.
- Amount of time it takes to get a life insurance price quote from Getlife.com - less than 30 seconds.
- Amount of time it takes to apply for life insurance at Getlife.com - approx. 10 minutes.
CEG Life Insurance Services | Sources: www.daveramsey.com/the-truth-about-life-insurance; http://limra.com/newscenter/pressmaterials/10FOL.pdf; http://limra.com/newscenter/pressmaterials/11FOL.pdf;