NURSES AND NURSE PRACTITIONERS
- Three quarters of GP practices has practice nurses.
- Average of 0.4 fte per GP practice.
- To estimate the Nivel there 3700-4700 practice nurses employed.
History of the practice nurses
- Since 1999 the active practice nurses in General Practice.
- Aims to relieve the GP in the management of patients with chronic disease.
- Most of the POH's have got an: 1) Nursing background; 2) As a medical assistant; 3) Paramedical background.
- Where can you do course for poh? You can follow the course in 13 schools throughout the Netherlands. Education for the doctor's assistant (MBO) takes two years and for nurses (HBO) one year.
- What are the pvk/poh mainly doing? The pvk/poh perform periodic checks with people with a chronic disease care in accordance with medical standards and particularly by patients with diabetes Mellitus, Heart disease,
hypertension, asthma and COPD.
- Which developments is the V & VN & practice nurse practitioners working?: 1) Expertise; 2) Quality promotion; 3) Collaboration with: Colleges; Health; LHV; NGH; Other professional association, insurance companies.
- What does POH-educa.nl: 1) The nr 1 e-learning portal only for the poh's; 2) High quality e-learning courses; 3) Increase knowledge; 4) Study together with studygroups; 5) Knowledge sharing.
- What is the future of the poh's: 1) Increasingly deal with case management; 2) Increase in implement care.