PHYSICAL SIGNS OF ANABOLIC STEROID ABUSE
- Jaundice or yellowing of the skin. This is an advanced symptom and signals liver damage.
- Disrupted sleep patterns. Not sleeping well or sleeping too much.
- Splayed teeth and overgrowth of the forehead.
- Fluid level changes. Bloating (face & body) and night sweating.
- Longer and thicker body hair.
- Rapid weight gain and increased muscle size.
- Shrinking of testicles and infertility.
- Rapidly thinning hair.
- Persistent bad breath.
- Small red or purplish acne. Usually with breakouts on the shoulders and back.
- Gynecomastia, abnormally excessive development of breast tissue in males.
- Unusually greasy hair or oily skin, often with stretch marks on the inner joints.
- Drastic appetite shifts, extreme hunger or lessened/loss of appetite.
- Joint pain: Greater chance of injuring muscles and tendons.
- Skin eruption and infections. Such as abscesses and cysts.
Steroid abuse can also cause
- Liver/kidney tumours.
- Blood clots.
- Manic behaviour.
- Heart attack.
- Liver failure.
- High blood pressure.
- Extreme aggression.
It's Not Worth It!