Life Insurance And Smoking Analysis
Life Insurance And Smoking
- 12 months, amount that you need to have not smoked for to qualify as a non smoker.
- Smokers are declining in numbers by 1% per year in the UK.
- 51% of smokers who have given up have not told their insurers (6.5 million people).
- Therese is a 70% increased risk of premature death from smoking.
- The average annual insurance premium for a smoker in 2011 was £209 and the average premium for a non smoker was £113.
General smoking and insurance statistics
- The hidden cost of smoking over 30 years could amount to over £30.000.
- A 20 year old smoking 20 cigarettes a day will have spent £120.000 on cigarettes by the time he is 67 years old.
- 20% of people in the UK smoke.
- 58% of people said they would find it hard to go without a cigarette for a whole day.
- 93% of families do not think they have adequate insurance protection.
- 1% of 11 year old regularly smoke.
- 39% of families have life insurance in place.