Beer: A Pint Of Poison? | 5 Dangers Of Drinking Beer
Knocking a few beers back may be more life-threatening than you think.
- #1 As a result of filtration practices, German and Italian beers, among others, contain 2 to 4 times the amount of arsenic considered safe level in water.
Source: World Health Organization, American Chemical Society.
- #2 People who drink 3+ beers per day have a 70% higher risk of developing lung cancer than non-drinkers, compared to a 30% risk for those who have 3+ non-beer alcoholic drinks per day.
Source: Kaiser Permanente.
- #4 Behaviors associated with alcohol addiction and abuse are almost 3 times as harmful for families, friends, and society as a whole than those associated with cocaine or tobacco use.
Source: Britain's Centre for Crime and Justice Studies.
- #4 Binge drinking by US college students results annually in: 1) Deaths - 1.825; 2) Injuries - 599.000; 3) Assaults - 696.000; 4) Sexual assaults - 97.000.
Source: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- #5 Beer and other alcohol have been linked to insulin resistance in men, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders in pregnant women, and memory problems in teens.
Source: Defeat Diabetes Foundation, American Medical Association.
An Everyday Health Infogram | Everyday Health.