"TIMING IS EVERYTHING"
- Patients pending LTD: 1) Timesulin is a brand of Patients Pending LTD Ltd, a UK registered company established in 2010 to create solutions that will alleviate daily issues faced by people living with chronic conditions; 2) Through a
series of innovative products, the company is contributing towards building a new standard of care on a global scale.
- The global insulin delivery devices market was valued at $7.4 billion in 2010.
- Approximately 28.5 million people globally use insulin pens.
- Insulin pens continue to gain popularity especially in :Western Europe, Japan, MENA region and USA.
What is diabetes
- Diabetes mellitus, often simply referred to as diabetes, is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either.
- Because the body does not produce enough insulin.
- Or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced.
Diabetes in population (map)
- North America: 1) USA and Canada - 10-14%; 2) Mexico, Cuba, Panama etc - 14-18%.
- South America: 1) Brazil, Suriname, Guyana etc - 14-18%; 2) Argentina, Peru, Chile etc - 6-8%.
- Europe, Asia, Australia: 1) Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Romania, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, South Korea etc - 10-14%; 2) Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, Greece, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Kazakhstan.
Australia etc - 6-8%.
- Africa: 1) Libya, Egypt, Morocco etc - 10-14%; 2) South Africa, Nigeria, Mali etc - 2-4%.
- Type I diabetes results from the body's failure to produce insulin, and presently requires the person to inject insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes results from insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to use insulin properly, sometimes combined with an absolute insulin deficiency.
- Gestational diabetes is when pregnant women, who have never had diabetes before, have a high blood glucose level during pregnancy. It may precede development of type 2 diabetes.
Global usage of insulin pens, insulin pumps or syringes
- Vial and syringe - 35%.
- Durable pens - 25%.
- Pre-filled devices - 40%.
- In developed countries pen usage as high as 94%: Nordics - 90%; 2) Japan - 94%.
Why we do this?
- There are 366 million people living with diabetes globally of which approximately 27% use insulin. A majority of insulin-dependent people treat their diabetes with insulin pens.
- 30% skip their doses at least x3 times per month.
* (Reference: Novo Nordisk GAPP study).
- 77% of physicians estimate this is at least x6 times per month.
- 88% of patients not reaching their blood glucose targets.
- More than 1/3 of all diabetes patients skip doses or fail to take their insulin as prescribed by their doctor.
- Timesulin aims to solve the issue of missed or forgotten injections.
Our product "Timesulin"
- Timesulin is a replacement cap that turns major insulin pens into "smart pens" that show how much time has passed since the last injection.
- For consumers: 1) Easy to use; 2) Enhances safety; 3) Reduces anxiety; 4) Works with all major insulin pens; 5) Endorsed by Europe's top medical professionals.
- For distributors: 1) Value add to diabetes portfolio; 2) Product differentiation; 3) CE certified; 4) Needs to be replaced once a year; 5) Offers attractive revenue opportunities.
- Compatible with all major pens available in the market.
Cotanct information: Patients Pending Ltd, 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PY, United Kingdom; Company Number: 07382438 | www.timesulin.com | Sourced: en.wikipedia.com/wiki/Diabetes_mallitus | facebook.com/
timesulin; twitter.com/timesulin; youtube/com/timesulin.