Water Water Everywhere
- A person can go 2 months without eating but less than a week without water.
- Water helps maintain body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water allows nutrients to circulate throughout the body.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and helps to create a healthy, glowing look.
By the numbers
- 70% of an adult's body is water.
- 80% of the body is water.
- 70% of the Earth is covered in water.
- 97% of the water on Earth is salt water.
- This means only 3% of the Earth's water is drinkable.
- The average person uses 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet is the largest use of water in the United States.
How much water should you drink?
- Traditionally: 8 ounces 8 times per day.
- Men: 3 litres (13 cups).
- Women: 2.2 litres (9 cups).
- By the time you feel thirsty, your body has already lost over 1% your total water amount.
- During exercise you need to drink more to compensate for fluid loss. Average 1/2 cup for every 15 minutes you work out.
Miramont Lifestyle Fitness | For more fitness facts and figures visit MiramontLifestyle.com/blog.