MOST POPULAR MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
presented by lndigoBoom.com
We take a look at where the most popular instruments are bought, sold and played.
Preferences & best-sellers.
Them are 6 main categories of musical instruments and almost 300 in each + local instruments = over 1500 instruments
THESE ARE THE FIRST DEGREE RELATIVES:
POPULAR AROUND THE WORLD
Other popular instruments:
Flute, Ukulele, Saxofone, ClarinetTrombone, French Horn, Violin, Harmonica, Trumpet
SOME PIANO TRIVIA
• More than 90 % of all concert piano performances are on Steinway grand pianos
• By 2010,110 music schools, conservatories,and universities worldwide had become "All Steinway Schools.
• 21 million Americans play the piano(More Americans play the piano than all other musical instruments combined!)
• The biggest year for pianos in America was when over 350,000 pianos were sold!
Main reason: versatility, it serves a variety of musical genres.
• In the 1950,60’s and 70s, electric guitars powered rock and pop. Remember?
• Industry Products: Acoustic guitars, Electric guitars, Bass guitars, Amplifiers and accessories
• Born beginning of the 12th century in Europe
• Electric guitars were introduced in the 1930s
Amazon best sellers in guitars
1. Kula KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
2.38-Inch Beginner Acoustic Guitar
3.Fender Starcaster Acoustic Guitar
WHERE ARE THEY SOLD?
In the 2000s,60 million musicians resided in USA
Over900,000 composers, songwriters and music /musicians resided in the USA
41.7% Rest of the World
Sales of all instruments in the USA totaled $6.5 billion in 2011,
DOWN ROUGHLY 13% from their peak in 2005 according to music traders which track the industry
$1.8 billion in products in 2008, a figure that had remained fairly stable since the early 2000s.
In 2005, Americans purchased:
$1.4 billion Guitars
$1.1 billion PIANOS
$470 MILLION Wind instruments
$68 million Stringed instruments
$572 MILLION PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS
CASE STUDY: IMPORT-EXPORT USA
Pianos, guitars, and electric instruments. Worth $1.0 billion in 2009
Japan, Korea, Taiwan & China. Account for some 2/3 of imports.
Chief musical instrument exports are parts (about 1/3 of total), high-quality guitars & electric instruments. Exports totalled $700 million.
Most popular musical instruments on eBay and Amazon
ebay Saxophone Fender Stratocaster synthesizer
amazon SnarkSN-1 Tuner GuitarPicks Guitar stand