Who's Listening in a Winter Wonderland?
- 31% of people in the west prefer new holiday tracks over the classics.
- 1st Midwest listeners are the earliest adopters of holiday music on Pandora.
- 80% of people in the south prefer classic holiday over new releases.
- 52% more people in the northeast care about music over food at holiday parties vs. other regions.
- Guys vs. gals: 90% of women listen to holiday tunes during the season vs. 85% of men.; 31% of men believe music will make or break a holiday party, nearly twice the rate of women.
- Parents & kids: 94% of parents enjoy holiday music vs. 85% of people without children; 2x - households with teens value music over food by twice the rate of homes with younger children.
- Favorite things to do: traveling - 50%; tree trimming - 49%; shopping - 45%; baking/cooking - 46%; gift packing - 48%.
- Snapshot: 35-44 - listeners in this age have the highest holiday listening rates, at 94%; 1/5 - only 20% of Americans listen to holiday music at work; 1/3 - a third of 18-24 year-olds care more about the
music than the menu at holiday gatherings.
- Top 5. Top 5 Pandora Holiday Stations: 1) Christmas radio; 2) Mariah Carey (Holiday) radio; 3) Michael Buble (Holiday) radio; 4) Classical Christmas radio; 5) Country Christmas radio.