SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION FOR MUSIC WEBSITES
How does search work?
Search engine robots
- Crawl the web
- Index the pages
- Rank indexed pages
- Return relevant results to users
Better page rank & rep?
Help search engines find all pages on your site.
- Create XML and HTML versions
- Use third party tools
- Upload to Webmaster Tools
A single URL for your main page.
- Avoid multiple URLs
- Use 301 redirects for alternate versions
Make Your URL Search-Friendly.
- Use dashes (kg not underscores (L) to separate content.
- Use real words that any human can read.
- Platforms like Drupal and WordPress create descriptive URLs for pages/posts automatically.
- Match Your tags to Keyword Search Terms.
- "Keywords" Is not In reference to the meta keywords.
- Most search engines don't recognize the 'meta keywords tag
- Use the 'Meta description tag', In Width/nth Making Sure your page Content Utilizes relevant keywords.
- Additional tags to note for SEO:
• Robots Tags
• ALT Tag
• Title Tag
• Body Header Tag
Ensure site content matches keyword search terms through use of keyword tools.
Proximity of terms Is Important, So keep your keywords adjacent
Adele Example Using Google's Keyword Tool:
"Lyrics adele" 1.5 M searches
"Download aside" 823K searches
“Adele MP3” 550K searches
HIGH ROI CONTENT ON TOP PAGES
Websites are organized in a hierarchy Place the most relevant content in the highest tier to capture search traffic such at
- Showcased Content (deluxe package, free download. Video premiere. etc.)
- Digital store or link to buy your recent album, song or match
- Tour dates
UNIQUE AND AUTHENTIC
Avoid copying content from other sites. Unique/rich Content = Increased rank/credibility.
Quick DOs & DON'Ts for your site
Key areas for YouTube SEO:
- Title, Description, & Tags created within the YouTube ptatform
- Backlinks from other reputable sites have a significant effect on your video’s SEO
- Add a handmade Transcript to video and utilize YouTube’s enhanced features Ike captions. YouTube indexes captions for keyword relevancy.
- Add external links to your website inside video.
- Shares, Embeds, Ratings, Comments, Likes, etc. likely have more impact on YouTube ranking than overall SEG but remain key factors.
DON’T ORPHAN PAGES
Pages without incoming links can't be found. Maintain Internal connectivity to ensure that no pages are left out in the cold. This is in addition to building backlinks to your site.
DON’T REPUBLISH FULL PAGES OF TEXT COPIED EXACTLY FROM OTHER SITES
When displaying content syndicated from other sit s, surround it with original content or risk damage to your page rank/authority.
DON'T LET YOUR PLATFORM AND PLUGINS EXPIRE
Keep your website platform plug ins and themes up to date so hackers can't embed erroneous or malicious links that can damage page rank and reputation.
DO CANONICAL LINK ELEMENT
Specify your canonical pages to Search engines by utilizing the re1="canonical" ink element in the <head> of your non-canonical pages. For example, the link below could be posted in the head of http://johnnyrockercom/ (non WAN.)
DON'T lose your control of ROBOT?
Robot Meta Tag(s)
Robots don't log in or NI out forms to access content, so don't lock pages behind a form or login
If You need to utilize a login Or form , a robot Meta tag Can keep certain pages from being indexed
Is my SE0 getting better?
Google web master tools:
Monitors the overall health of your site, keyword relevance, etc.
Sites linking back to your site must be reputable. Spam/Hacked sites will negatively impact the SEO of your site.
Free and excellent way to determine the current state of your website traffic
Utilize the knowledge gained from your analyses to tweak your site's SEC strategy accordingly.
SE0 is an ongoing process that never really stops
Alter you have taken care of the more foundational SEO elements and infrastructure, perform a regularly scheduled diagnostic as needed.