The Rise Of Lana Del Rey
- 19 - age she moved to New York and fell in love with Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, Leonard Cohen.
- 100 - amount of dollars Lana would do odd jobs as an aspiring star, such as community work and drug awareness advising.
- 1.000.000s - amount of dollars her father has made in domain investments.
- 30 - minutes it took for her debut London gig to sell out.
- 30+ - number of found footage clips in "Video games", including model Paz de la Huerta falling over, LA's Chateau Marmont, the Sahara Hotel in 50s Vegas, kids skateboarding in Santa Monica.
- 9 - number of countries in which "Video games" went top ten.
- 14- number of weeks "Video games" has been top 40 (and counting).
- Real name: Elizabeth Grant (stage name dreamt up by "managers and lawyers"). From: Lake Placid. Attended; Kent School, Connecticut. Age: 25. Previously known as: Sparkle Jump Rope Queen, Lizzy Grant & The
- Last.fm plays: 3.8 million. Twitter followers: 120.000+. Facebook likes: 420.000+. Myspace friends: 8100. Elbo.wa rank" 7.
- Views for "Video Games" on YouTube ~ 20.000.000. Views for "Born To Die" so far 16.000.000. Views for "Blue Jeans" to date - 6.000.000. Views of the disastrous SNL performance - 226.000.
- Fan growth: 1) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans - Facebook (metric), 61.570 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 51.291 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan 19), +20.04% (change); 2) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans -MySpace (metric),
225 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 199 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan 19), +13.07% (change); 3) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans - Last.fm (metric), 10.456 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 17.339 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan 19),
-39.7% (change); 4) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans - Twitter (metric), 18.769 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 23.049 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan 19), -18.57% (change); 5) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans - YouTube (metric),
2.228 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 2.938 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan 19), -24.17% (change); 6) Lana Del Rey (artist), Fans - Total (metric), 102.416 (last 7 days - Jan 20/Jan 26), 94.816 (previous 7 days Jan 13/Jan
19), +8.02% (change).
- "I have to pray because I've been in so much trouble".
- "My music is the sonic equivalent of a Vincent Gallo film".
- "I'm the gangster Nancy Sinatra".
- "People have offered me opportunities in exchange for sleeping with them. But it's not 1952 any more".
- "I'm a psycho".
- "I found it hard to make friends at school, because I was a cerebral person".
- The Hype.
"Magnificent... extraordinary... remarkable" Guardian's Alexis Petridis on "Video Games".
"Avant-garde pop at its very best". Digital Spy.
'Somewhere, in a dark studio, Florence is screaming for not writing this'. NME on "Video Games".
"The Laura Palmer good girl with a dark side, with one foot simultaneously in Twin Peaks and the other in Tinseltown". Guardian.
"Articulate, smart... reminiscent of Lily Allen". Observer.
"Old-school Hollywood glamour meets splice-friendly YouTube culture". Pitchfork.
- The Backlash.
"Lana Del Rey has conquered America with an appeal to the sex drive of every male music critic on the planet". Amy Klein, Titus Andronicus.
"Lamestream". Cynical blog Hipster Runoff.
"Indie's Kreayshawn". The Village Voice.
"Botox girl!" YouTube commenter.
"Wow watching this 'singer' on SNL is like watching a 12 year old in their bedroom when they're pretending to perform". Juliette Lewis.