TOP 10 UK Music Festivals 2012
- Secret Garden Party. When: July 19-22, 2012. Where: East Anglia. Venue: 16 outdoor stages. Music: Hipsters & hippie, indie. Headliners: Orbital, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. Average
attendance:20.000 - 30.000 a day. Cost: 125 pounds. Weather: 17-20 degrees Celsius (most dry with buts of showers).
- Download. When: June 8-10, 2012. Where: Donington Park. Venue: Outdoor. Music: Rock/metal. Headliners: The Prodigy, Metallica, Black Sabbath. Average attendance: 120.000 over 3 days. Cost: 155
pounds. Weather: 13-20 degrees Celsius (light showers throughout).
- T in the park. When: July 6-8, 2012. Where: Balado, Scotland. Venue: 8 outdoor stages. Music: Alternative/hippie. Average attendance: 60.000 a day. Cost: 195 pounds. Weather: 10-17 degrees Celsius
(light rain showers).
- Last summer the value of thefts reached 190.000 pounds across 7 of the most popular UK festivals. 1-in-7 festival attendees will be victim of theft. 2/3 of thefts were from un-attend tents. Average individual
theft across all festivals totaled 928 pounds.
- Latitude. When: July 12-15, 2012. where: Henham Park in Suffolk. Venue: 5-10 outdoor stages. Music: Mixture of art, comedy, and performance. Past headliners: The National, Paolo Nutini, Suede.
Average attendance: 35.000 a day. Cost: 170 pounds. Weather: 15-24 degrees Celsius (strong winds and showers).
- Field day. When: June 2, 2012. Where: Victoria Park in London. Venue: Outdoor. Music: Alternative indie and dance. Average attendance: 10.000 - 20.000. Cost: 39.5 pounds. Weather: 18-24 degrees
Celsius (partly cloudy with bouts of showers).
- RockNess. When: June 8-10, 2012. Where: Loch Ness. Venue: Outdoor. Music: Rock. Headliner: Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro. Average attendance: 80.000. Cost: 149 pounds.
- Last year's UK music festivals attracted around 340.000 people (1 ticket - 20.000 people). There are over 300 festivals taking place during the summer in the UK. The average person spent 408 pounds at
the festivals, contributing over 135m pounds into the UK economy. festivals generate an average of 1m pounds for each local town and business the festival is held in. 60% of festivals goers stayed 3-4 days in
the festival camp grounds, spending an average of 48 pounds each, adding 16.3m pounds to the local economies. 60% of the festival goers go for the atmosphere. 42% spend less than half of their time at the
festival watching music. 79% of festival goers camp on site overall.
- Isle of Wight festival. When: June 22-24, 2012. Where: Isle of Wight. Venue: Outdoor. Music: Indie and pop. Headliners: Tom Pretty, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen. Average attendance: 150.000-250.000.
Cost: 175 pounds. Weather: Gusts of winds with bouts of heavy showers.
- Bestival. When: September 6-9, 2012. Where: Isle of Wight. Venue: 15 outdoor stages. Music: indie and dance. Headliners: The XX, De La Soul, Justice. Average attendance: 55.000 a day. Cost: 170
pounds. Weather: 15-22 degrees Celsius (fog and bouts of rain). Fun fact: Bestival contributes 600.000 pounds to the local ferry company alone each year.
- Reading & Leeds festivals. When: August 24-26, 2012. Where: Little John's Farm on Richfield Ave (Reading)/Bramham Park (Leeds). Pat headliners: Reading - My Chemical Romance, The Strokes,
Muse. Leeds - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Descendents. Average attendance: 87.000 (Reading). Average attendance: 75.000 a day (Leeds). Cost: 192.5 pounds. Weather: 18 degrees Celsius (light
- V Festival. When: August 18-19, 2012. Where: Hylands Park, Chelmsford & Weston Park, Staffordshire. Music: Rock, pop, alternative, indie. Past headliners: The Black keys, Deadmau5. Average
attendance: 87.000 (Reading). Cost: 170 pounds.
Ebookers.com - Book easier, travel happier.
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org; http://www.virtualfestivals.com/secret-garden-party-2011/news; http://www.virtualfestivals.com/download-festival-2011; http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latitude-2011;
http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/live/isle_of_wight; http://www.wightlink.co.uk/isle-of-wight-guide-and-events/events/bestival; http://www.virtualfestivals.com/festivals/festivalguides/10755;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/glastonbury/8591233/Glastonbury-2011-in-numbers.html; http://www.music.co.uk/music-news/music-festivals-place-crime.html; http://www.airforg.com/news_details.php?