SKI SUN & SURF: IN THE SAME DAY... ONLY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Big Bear 85.4 miles ↔ (Palm Springs) ↔ 111 miles Huntington Beach.
Ski Big Bear
- Two resorts offer more than 436 developed acres, 26 lifts, 4 high-speed chairs, 1.800 vertical feet, and more than 200 park features packed with thrilling jumps, rails and fun boxes. A free ground shuttle links the two
- Bear Mountain Resort: 43101 Goldmine Dr. Big Bear Lake, California 923 15, 909-866-5766, www.bearmountain.com.
- Snow Summit Mountain Resort: 880 Summit Blvd. Big Bear Lake, California 92315, 909-866-5766, www.snowsummit.com/ski.
- Big Bear features two of the largest snowmaking systems in the world: Regular season (adult half day - $49); Holiday & peak weekends (adult half day - $62).
- Palm Springs has more than 250 days of sunshine and less than 5.2 inches a year which makes it the perfect location to soak up the afternoon rays.
- Discover an outdoor playground surrounded by breathtaking mountains and canyons. Explore miles of hiking trails, ride on the world's largest rotating tramcar, or challenge yourself to a round of golf.
- Rodeo Drive of the Desert: Walk the streets of El Paseo, the "Rodeo Drive of the Desert": The city has over 130 hotels and resorts and over 100 restaurants and dining spots to explore.
Restaurants for lunch
- Le Vallauris: Ranked #1 on tripadvisor. Cuisines - French, Contemporary, Californian 385 W Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 922062.
- Miro's Restaurant: Ranked #2 on tripadvisor. Cuisine - Mediterranean, 1555 S Palm Canyon Dr. Ste H101, Palm Springs, CA 92264.
- Tyler's Burgers: Ranked #3 on tripadvisor. Cuisines - American, hamburgers, 149 S Indian Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262.
Surg Huntington Beach Surf City USA
- Known for it's long 8.5-mile (13.7 km) stretch of sandy beach, milf climate, excellent surfing and beach culture. The ocean waves are enhanced by a natural effect caused by the edge-diffraction of open ocean swells
around the island of Catalina making it an awesome place to surf at sunset.
- Site of the world surfing championships, held in the summer every year. It is often called the "Surfing Capital of the World", not for the height of the waves, but rather for the consistent quality of surf.
Enjoy dinner at one of these top restaurants
- Longboard Restaurant and Pub: Located in the oldest building in Huntington Beach; Known for its backyard patio and wide-ranging menu; 217 Main St. Huntington Beach, CA 92648; 714-960-1896.
- Duke's: Relax and take in the view while enjoying its Hawaiian beach house ambiance and trademark; Pacific Rim menu; 317 Pacific Coast Hwy. Huntington Beach, CA 92648; 714-374-6446.
- Fred's Mexican Cafe: Enjoy the charisma of downtown Huntington; Beach with a relaxing atmosphere and amazing ocean view; 300 Pacific Coast Hwy.; #201 Huntington Beach, CA 92648; 714-274-8226.
HeyInviteMe | Sources: http://www.bigbear.com; http://maps.google.com; http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/06/things-to-do-in-palm-springs; http://wikipedia.com; http://www.visitpalmsprings.com/page/about-
palm-springs/4375; http://www.tripadvisor.com; http://surfcityusa.com.