THE 7 SINS OF ATTORNEY WEBSITES
- Following sins that plague most legal websites to discover what your site is doing wrong.
#1 Thinking it's all about you
- Focus on toothing their horn and ignore the needs of their visitors. Too much talk about your firm.
- Make information about your firm available, but don't force it upon visitors. Make your site about clients!
#2 No call to action you
- Without a clear call to action, visitors get confused and confused people don't act.
- Tell the visitors what to do with a clear and effective call to action, such as "Call Today!".
#3 No unique selling proposition
- Too many legal websites fail to make themselves stand out and get attention among competitive sites.
- Your unique selling proposition should be concise catchy and strategically placed on your website to position your firm and rive the visitor to act.
#4 Having an unprofessional site
- Visitors make an immediate determination on the professionalism of the site based on color scheme, fonts, graphics, visual clutter and page layout.
- You should have a site that is simple, uncluttered, uses high-quality graphics (not a mix of different styles) and colors used sparingly and conservatively.
#5 Not eliciting trust
- People have a fear of contacting you, fear of getting overchanged, fear of selecting the wrong firm.
#6 Poor navigation
- Many legal websites have hard-to-use navigation systems that frustrate visitors.
- Review your navigation and make sure it is easy to understand, easily visible, relates to the needs of your clients, is clear, concise, consistent and easily allows users to return to a previous page or menu.
#7 Poor navigation
- Many legal websites show up poorly in search engine listings because they don't focus on making their site search friendly.
- You should do what you can to make your site more likely to be found. Search engines love quality content, keywords and tags and meta desription tags.
While building your website if you keep these 7 sins in mind you will have a competitive edge since your website will be user-friendly and accessible.
Law Info: Legal Simplified-Lawyers Verified | www.lawinfo.com | Sources: http://newsletter.lawinfo.com/2011/12/27/the-7-sins-of-attorney-websites.