20 COOL FACTS ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA
- 85% of women are annoyed by their friends.
- 90% more links were shared about sex than other links.
- More than 350 million users suffer from Facebook Addiction Syndrome.
- 25% of users don't bother with any kind of privacy control.
- Average Facebook user has 130 friends.
- 750 tweets per second are shared on Twitter.
- The original Twitter beta was launched on the birthday of GEO Evan Williams.
- If Twitter was a country, it'd be the 12th largest in the world.
- 30% of Twitter users have an income of more than $100.000.
- Twitter handles more search queries per month than Bing & Yahoo combined.
- 2 new members sign up to LinkedIn second.
- LinkedIn has 161 million members in more than 200 countries and communities.
- LinkedIn's revenue revenue has double every quarter for the last two years.
- Members are on track to make more than 5.3 billion searches quarter for the last two years.
- Members are on track to make more than 5.3 billion searches on the platform in 2012.
- There are more than 1 million Linkedin groups.
- YouTube was founded to of a party due to the files share dinner clips being too large for email.
- The most watched video is Lady Gaga's Bad Romance with 470 million views.
- The most watched non-commercial video is "Charlie Bit My Finger" with more than 458 million views.
- The average visitors spends 15 minutes per day or YouTube.
- It originally started life as a dating site and was influenced by the Hot Or Not website.
SocialMediaIn&Minutes.com | Sources: www.prdaily.com.