25 TWEAKS TO CAPTURE ATTENTION IN SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Social networks have already taken over the media we once used to know as the most popular. Free social networking have crossed normal borders of the term "influential" long ago. You only have few seconds to
capture their attention before your message gets drowned in the sea of updates. Now. if you know how to capture attention in social networks, you are one step next to the successful marketing campaign. Read on to find
out 25 tweaks that you can implement right away, which are often overlooked, to capture attention in the social networks.
#1 Exploit your profile photo
- Your profile is the first thing people will notice about your profile, it's by far the most frequently appearing piece of content about you.
- A profile showing off your tattoos will attract the like-minded.
#2 Your first invisible conversation
- Optimize your profile according to the details of your audience.
- Your profile is probably the first invisible conversation your prospect has with you. You want to make sure it's fruitful and delivers value.
#3 Consistent updates
- Updating your profile on daily basis is a great way to capture extra attention.
- There are so many strategies about delivering value via social updates and there is no reason not carry out this wonderful exercise.
#4 Deliver value in your update
- Try to spice your updating with as much diversity as possible.
- Focus on delivering values and ideas, these are usually welcome.
#5 Knot up different networks
- Make more accounts, link and point from one profile to another.
- Different networks deliver your message differently.
- Add friends, subscribe to other people's channels, follow any relevant individual or company, join relevant groups and like fan pages - all of these actions can bring you extra attention.
- Socializing also enables you to familiarize yourself with the group or networks you join and grant you a platform to present your values.
#7 Embrace viral
- Viral is the miracle of social networks. It circulates around social networks unstoppably, regaining its intensity each time it seems to be dead.
- Join the crowd and see what's on the menu last days. "Serve the meal" to the crowd and attention is about to boost.
#8 Focus on downstream activities
- Your message has to flow downstream and not stuck at your level.
- Let your values flow downstream.
#9 Manage your social mindshare
- Your brand should be at top of the head all the time.
- Social media marketing is all about frequency is all about frequency and let them know you are there 24/7.
#10 Address in person
- You are able to message people too. This is the way to get down to the personal level with anybody group.
- Participate in discussions, comment and always be there for your audience.
#11 Change competition
- Many businesses were able to deliver more values to their customers by partnering with their competitors. Change competition to co-operation.
- There is no friend-forever, no eternal enemy, only mutual benefit. Change competition to co-operation.
#12 Play the game of "social networks"
- Social network users are hungry for attention as much as you are. If you are capable of providing them the attention they are looking for - you will get double as much attention yourself.
- Your customers will be more than thankful and many of them will wish to see their names there soon enough. It's social, therefore socialize. You are in the game.
#13 You are the source of information
- Link out to relevant articles, blogs, videos, websites, etc. on a regular basis.
- You will act like a filter of information, only recommending the best. This not only covers up when you are lack of ideas but also present yourself as an expert in your niche.
#14 Check-in on webinars
- This is a great professional touch and an effective tool to achieve more exposure in an easy way.
- Make sure you are in the same webinar and actually talk to the host that you are bringing people to their webinar and ask them to give you some attention.
#15 Crowd loves winners
- We all love to hear a word or two about someone's way to the top and how successful they are. Keep sharing success stories.
- This also includes testimonials from people successfully achieving results following your product or services.
#16 Event announcements
- Happy hours, discounts, get two for the price of one offers... all of them capture attention.
- In a consumer society everything swirls around paying less or more and great way to capture some more attention is to notify people where and when they can spend a dollar less.
#17 The magic word
- People will get their eyes scratched each time they spot the word "FREE".
- This can be an e-book, a whitepaper or maybe a software - it will serve the purpose as long as it's free and relevant to your target audience.
#18 Piggyback trending topics
- In the world of social networks, there is plenty of attractive content that already drags attention. If you know where to dig, you can find a gold mine.
- Find out the trending topics, the hot news and stuffs people are searching right now, link that event with your professional creatively.
#19 Share a list
- Whatever your niche is and regardless of your target audience, there are tips and tricks to let them know about. Write an article or link to the blog where they can find useful advices and tips on how to get something done.
- Find tips and tricks relevant to your marketing campaign and have your audience know about it. Curiosity engaging content never fails when it comes to capturing attention.
#20 Recommend solutions
- Recommending anything relevant to your marketing campaign, that could help your target audience in achieving their goals easier or quicker, is a great attention booster.
- Make sure your recommendations are personally tested, checked, and reputable.
#21 Crowdsource groundbreaking titles
- Use a catchy and engaging title for every piece of content you share with your audience.
- You just got to be creative. If you can't, crowdsource. It won't be hard to spot a winning title from 300 crowdsourced suggestions.
#22 Funny, zany and controversial
- A good joke is a great way to boost everyone's mood and get attention of everybody present. Same stands for the social networks.
- Even reminding ald jokes work. Try repeat a joke you listed some time ago that gathers all laughers, you will be amazed at the result.
#23 Survey the audiences
- All businesses exist because of customers. Ask your audience how to adjust your offer, marketing campaign or service. Ask them what they don't like about your company or business you run.
- Besides being a great way to catch attention and seek feedback from your audience, it also makes them anticipate the value they will get from you.
#24 Piece of private life
- Share your story. It is not a secret that social users are interested in other people's life.
- This is a great tool to catch attention and on top of that it will make your content sound more friendly and user oriented. The best part of it, your content will sound familiar and more resonating on a personal level.
#25 Publish photos of yourself
- Apart from optimizing your profile picture, it is smart to post your own photo whenever you have an announcement to make.
- People are always are always interested to know the how the person on the other side looks like. Well, let them now and capture attention as you publish the fresh post. A video works too!