37 Ways To Thrive On LinkedIn
Your LinkedIn profile
- #1 Update your status regularly with relevant information that shows you're a thought-leader in your industry.
- #2 Make sure you have a great photo: it should be professional, should look like you, and should be a front-facing headshot.
- #3 Complete all of the available fields: Including some of the newer fields like projects, courses, and publications.
- #4 Update your jobs to have keywords in the title and descriptions so that you show up more frequently in searches.
- #5 Update applications that show your interests, like your Amazon reading list, your blog, or your slideshows.
- #6 Write a catchy headline and summary - this is your first impression and it should be an attention grabber.
- #7 Join new groups that are relevant to your industry so you can share interesting content or learn from others.
- #8 Start a discussion on something relevant to the group - get your name out there!
- #9 Comment on discussions that others have started - people will start to realize you have something interesting to contribute.
- #10 Add a "promotion" if you have a special event or upcoming class that you want to promote and share.
- #11 Connect with people that you've interacted with in the groups you're part of.
- #12 Start a group so you can connect with like-minded people and come off as a passionate expert in your field.
- #13 Read the popular discussions in groups to learn what people in your field want to talk about.
- #14 Post a question in Linkedln answers to get feedback and grow your reach beyond your current network and groups.
- #15 Try to answer questions related to your industry that other people may have -use every opportunity you can to get your name out there as an expert.
- #16 Search questions in your industry to see what people need help with.
Connecting with your connections
- #17 Comment on the status of your connections so you're always on the top of their minds.
- #18 Add the email tool Rapportive (rapportive.com) onto your email - it provides a sidebar with a link to your contact's Linkedln profile and your own.
- #19 Write a recommendation for one of your close professional contacts.
- #20 Request a recommendation from a business contact that you have a good relationship with.
- #21 Request a "Linkedln introduction" to someone you think you could collaborate with.
- #22 Send messages to those in your network - holiday greetings, birthday wishes, articles they would find interesting, etc.
- #23 Search for people who it would be good to have in your network.
- #24 Always respond to messages in your inbox promptly and enthusiastically.
Promote your company
- #25 Ensure your company has a page on Linkedln - if not, create one immediately .
- #26 Add products and services to your page so that viewers know what you do.
- #27 Request reviews from as many clients as possible.
- #28 Post jobs so interested applicants always know when you're hiring.
- #29 Always make sure employees add your company to their profile so people get can a good view of your company.
- #30 Connect your blog and/or Twitter account to your company page so people are always kept up-to-date.
Grow your connections
- #31 Look at the Linkedln "People You May Know" recommendations every time you log-on.
- #32 Upload your email address book and add your email connections to your network.
- #33 Think about people you've met in the real world and business meetings or events and invite them into your network.
- #34 Invite thought-leaders and influencers from the groups you participate in based on your shared interests.
- #35 Add your current business contacts, co-workers, customers, suppliers to your network.
- #36 Linkedln allows you to browse people who were in college with you, or have the same former workplace - use this to add long-lost connections.
- #37 View the Linkedln connections of your existing contacts - are they connected to people that you'd like to add?
Boot Camp Festival | This infographic was created for you by Boot Camp Digital - a leading provider of social media training | For LIVE or ONLINE training on Getting Results from LinkedIn, go to www.bootcampdigital.