A Running Start With Social Media
On your mark... Get your social media marketing off and running
- Allocate time and resources for social tasks: Most marketers spend at least 6 hours per week.
- Have clear goals that you want to accomplish: Visibility, thought leadership, engagement (retweets, comments, shares).
- Top benefits of social media marketing: 1) Generating more business exposure; 2) Increasing traffic; 3) Marketplace insight.
Get set... Once you decide to get in the race
- Set up your accounts.
- Brand your sites consistently and put the icons on your website, blog and other online properties.
- Promote your sites: 1) Put out an email campaign announcing your site(s); 2) Ask your partners to follow, connect with, or like you; 3) Announce on your blog, on your website and on your other social media pages.
Go!!! After you get set up, get out of the blocks and start running
- Publish and share content that people in your industry will find useful.
- Participate in social media conversations, for example: 1) Twitter: Follow others; Share your and others' content; Interact with them; Use hashtags to extend your reach; 2) LinkedIn, Facebook: Make connections; Share
your content; Join and participate in groups; Interact - like and comment; 3) Google+: Share your content; Create and leverage; Circles and Hangouts; Give others +1 votes; Set up Google authorship to rank higher in
Keep winning: Use additional sites and marketing tactics
- Follow the 80:20 rule: At least 80% of what you say on social media should promote others' content, while at most 20% should promote your own.
- Social media is one aspect of a strong content marketing plan: Also consider pitching your news to prominent industry journalists and bloggers, writing an article, using a direct email campaign, doing a webinar or podcast
about it, or even a short YouTube video.
- Don't forget about other marketing tactics, including: 1) Email; 2) Blogging; 3) Search-optimized news releases; 4) Webinars; 5) Media placements; 6) Online advertising; 7) Podcasts.
SocialEars | A Fisher Vista Infographic | Fisher Vista - Ignite, Engage, Connect | Social Ears HR; Expand Your reach. Influence HR. Grow Your Brand | Use Social Ears to create, optimize and promote content that
expands networks, attracts leads and builds profitable engagements. Start your free trial at www.socialears.com | Sources: Social Media Examiner; MarketingProfs.