Anatomy Of Strong YouTube Marketing
The stats: Leveraging YouTube For Your Content Marketing Strategy
- This year YouTube celebrated its 8th birthday by announcing that more than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- YouTube is the #2 search engine on the web, occupying 28% of Google's total searches.
- More than one billion unique users visit YouTube each month.
- YouTube comes in as the #3 social platform behind Facebook and Google+ and ahead of Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube. That's almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50% more than last year.
The elements: What makes it strong?
- Keywords. Understanding how people is the brainwork of your YouTube marketing strategy. Using strong keywords is essential in helping viewers find your videos. Use long tail keywords that apply to narrow fields.
These can give you great results in viewer conversion.
- Video title. A strong video title is the heart of good video SEO. It determines how viewers will find your video. Use keywords and limit your title to 70 characters - that's all that will show up in search results.
- Video description. Your video description is the mouthpiece for your video content, continuing the conversation with your viewers. Include keywords and links to your social media sites, videos, YouTube channel, and
playlists to sustain the connection with your viewers. The first 157 characters of your description are displayed in SERP's. so make sure your site's URL is the first part of your description.
- Tags. Tags organize your videos and get more viewers to lay eyes on your content. This is another place where you can add even more targeted keywords and long tail keyword phrases to your video. Five or six is all you
really need: YouTube tags have a 127-character limit.
- External annotations. Point your viewers to your business with external annotations. Get people off of YouTube and onto your site by including these clickable links right inside your video.
- Custom thumbnails. Your video's custom thumbnail is the unique image that represents your video content. Use it to leave an impression on your audience. Choose a screenshot from your video that embodies your
content and entices viewers to click and watch your video. That is what people see on your channel and in SERP's.
- Social media. Integrating your videos with your social media is like cardiovascular system, carrying your content across multiple platforms. Share your videos through your social media channels and include links to
social media in your descriptions. Take advantage of YouTube's different share options, which make it easy to connect with your viewers and encourage them to take a step in your direction.
- Video length. Concise video length makes your content easy to digest. If you can create your video under one and a half to two minutes, do so. Videos in this time frame have the highest retention. Good retention rates
improve your search rankings within YouTube.
- Playlists. Playlists are like bones and ligaments, unifying and strengthening your content. Create and link to playlists within your YouTube channel to increase viewership. Videos within a playlist can show up in SERP's.
YouTube results pages and the YouTube recommendations sidebar.
- Optimize channel. A properly optimized YouTube channel is the DNA of your YouTube marketing strategy, communicating the identity and purpose of your business. Start with the right name, one that is easy to search.
Take advantage of branding opportunities with a graphic header and intro video encouraging viewers to subscribe. Remember that your goals is to get subscribers, which helps your search rankings.
* SERP's = search engine results pages.
vLink Solutions is the marketing authority: Let us help you
- We help our clients create targeted, high-quality video content and provide the tools to curate those digital assets, maximizing views and return on investment.
Visit our website or give us a call to learn more about video marketing: www.thevideomarketingauthority.com | (770) 872-7977 | vLink Solutions - The Video Marketing Authority.