Being LinkedIn Savvy In 2013
- LinkedIn has more than 200 million members in over 200 countries worldwide.
- 64% are based outside of the US.
- 2 new members sign up every second.
LinkedIn's fastest growing demographic
- 50% of users have a Bachelor's or Graduate degree over 20 million students and recent college graduates.
- 61% use LinkedIn as their primary professional network.
- 35% access LinkedIn daily.
- 47.6% spend two or fewer hours per week on LinkedIn.
- 50.5% of user profiles are 100% complete.
- 42% update their information regularly.
- 90.9% use LinkedIn's free version.
Jobs and industries
- Job function: 1) Sales - 12%; 2) Admin - 10.4%; 3) Academics - 10.3%; 4) Operations - 9.7%; 5) Engineering - 9.0%; 6) IT - 8.3%; 7) Consultants - 5.4%; 8) Marketing - 4.3%; 9) PR - 4.3%; 10) HR - 3.8%; 11) Creative - 3.6%.
- Industry: 1) High tech - 16%; 2) Finance - 13%; 3) Manufacturing - 10%; 4) Medicine - 9%; 5) Corporate - 8%.
Groups and activities
- 81% of users belong to at least one group.
- 52% of those participate in group discussions.
- 1.5+ million LinkedIn groups.
- Users' top favorite features: 1) Groups - 79.6%; 2) People searching - 70.6%; 3) People you may know - 66.8%; 4) Who's viewed you - 64.0%; 5) Company information - 58.8%.
- 1 billion endorsements since September 2012.
- 10 million endorsements every day.
- 25+ million LinkedIn profiles views every day.
- 28+ people searched on the mobile app per second.
- 2+ billion network updates viewed weekly.
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective than all of social media for business lead generation.
- 2.7+ million LinkedIn company pages.
- 51% of B2Cs leverage the power of LinkedIn.
- 83% of B2Bs leverage the power of LinkedIn.
- 50% of Fortune 100 companies hire through LinkedIn.
- Over 1 million publishers have implemented the LinkedIn share button on their website.
- 65% of journalists have used LinkedIn as research material.
- LinkedIn is trusted by 82% of users when it comes to information received in comparison to Twitter (28%) and Facebook (23%).
- 87% trust LinkedIn as a source of information affecting decision making, while 49% believe it is good source for word of mouth information on brands and businesses.
How members make use of LinkedIn
- Researching people and companies - 76.9%.
- Reconnecting with past business associates - 68.6%.
- Building new relationships with individuals who may influence potential customers - 49.7%.
- Increasing the effectiveness of face-to-face networking - 44.5%.
- Uncovering potential job opportunities - 38.3%.
- Building new relationships with potential customers - 37.6%.
- Increasing branding/marketing presence in the marketplace - 37.2%.
- Generating identifiable business opportunities - 27.9%.
Created by Iliyana Stareva: http://iliyanastareva.com; @IliyanaStareva | Sources: http://press.linkedin.com.About; http://socialtimes.com/the-linkedin-profile-infographic-b97649; http://www.creativo.com/blog/infographic-100-social-
networking-statistics-facts-for-2012; http://mashable.com/2013/03/06/linkedin-endorsements-1-billion; http://www.bluerisemedia.com/linkedin-stats-demographics-of-the-professional-network-infographic; http://www.shiftdigitalmedia.
com/news/20-awesome-facts-about-linkedin-2012-edition; http://socialmediab2b.com/2012/03/b2b-social-media-leads-infographic/?utm_source=Webbiquity; http://www.socialmediatemps.com.au/news/linkedin-the-missing-puzzle-
in-your-social-media-strategy; http://www.brafton.com/blog/how-to-win-the-social-media-marketing-horse-race-infographic; http://www.ragan.com/Main/Articles/Infographic_Portrait_of_a_LinkedIn_user_45645.aspx; http://blog.