Being Social Savvy in 2013
- Facebook reached 1 billion users.
- Pinterest was the fastest site to hit the 10 million visitor mark.
- Instagram now has over 100 million users.
Social media exploded in 2012...
- Every minute of each day in 2012: 1) 100.000 Tweets were sent; 2) 684.478 pieces of content were shared on Facebook; 3) 2 million searches were done on Google; 4) 48 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube; 5)
$272.000 was spent by consumers online.
- Why social media important for 2013?: 1) 70% of adult social networkers hop online; 2) There are more than 2.27 billion people online; 3) 53% of active adult social networks follow a brand.
- What do networkers want from brands?: 1) Deals and promotions - 83%; 2) Rewards programs - 70%; 3) Exclusive content - 58%; 4) Feedback on new products - 55%.
- Future predictions?: 1) Social gamers will spend $6 billion in virtual goods... moviegoers will only spend $2,5 million in concessions; 2) More than half the U.S. dollars spent in retail will be
influenced by the web by 2016; 3) “We will no longer search for products & services... they will find us via social media” - Erik Qualman; 4) “Social commerce will be driven by
recommendations on social media networks” - TwinEngine; 5) “TV channels will provide a social networking facility for people to share their comments” - Nathan Brown.
Boot Camp Digital | This infographic was created by Boot Camp Digital. For 2013 Social Media Training go to www.bootcampdigital.com/2013.
Sources: http;//arkarthick.com/2012/09/12/social-media-predictions-2013; http://www.humblefinancialservices.com/web-and-social-media-predictions-for-2013; http://www.socialnomics.net/2012/11/07/social-media-