Content Marketing In The U.K. 2013 Marks The Year Of Intelligent Content Marketing
- Just as atoms are the building block of the universe. Content is the building blocks of the Internet.
- Do you invest in content marketing?
#1 78% of businesses invest in content marketing: 1) No - 19%; 2) Unsure - 3%; 3) Yes - 78%.
#2 87% use social media to distribute content.
#3 9 in 10 U.S. firms invest in content.
- Who creates your content?
#1 More than 1 in 3 organisations use an external provider for some or all of their content marketing: 1) Don't publish content - 5%; 2) In-house and external provider - 37%; 3) External provider only - 3%;
4) In-house team only - 55%.
- What content is best for social sharing?
#1 51% claim industry news and blogs are the most effective content type for social media: 1) Video - 27%; 2) White papers - 4%; 3) Infographics - 18%; 4) Industry news and blogs - 51%.
#2 33% of marketing budgets are dedicated to content.
- How will content marketing spend change?
#1 97% of U.K. organisations will increase or maintain the amount they spend on content marketing in 2013: 1) Spend about the same - 17%; 2) Spend less - 3%; 3) Spend more - 80%.
- "Consumers expect the best and if you aren't writing about developments in your industry with authority, you won't be taken seriously" - Elizabeth Malone-Johnstone, Digital Marketing Manager, TRACKER.
- "2013 will be the year for companies to invest in video marketing, not just the biggest of brands" - Martin Abrams, Search Engine Marketing Manager, Park Resorts.
- "Content marketing has become an essential tool to help companies to reach their goals as quality and relevant content is fundamental to make out from others" - Valeria Mendez, Marketing Co-ordinator, Vanet.
NewReach has over a decade of experience in providing intelligent content marketing for our global client base.
Newsreach.co.uk | @NewsReach | +44 207 517 2240.
Sources: Results of the Content Marketing in the U.K. survey conducted by NewsReach in November/December 2012.
Additional statistics from the B2B content Marketing: 2013 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends - North America by the Content Marketing and Marketing Profs.