Content Marketing: The Game. Play By The Rules And Win More Viewers for Your Content
- Quality content is key to Google rankings. - Matt Cutts, head of webspam at Google.
- ...all SEO ranking signals resolve around content of some kind. - Duane Forrester, Bing.
- Content marketing is the #1 driver of leads for B2B marketers. - BtoB magazine survey.
- A game of skill. The rules: 1) Produce content; 2) Share content through your marketing and PR channels; 3) Generate the most visibility and leads to win the game!
Start... anywhere! You don't have to start at square 1 to reach your goal.
- #1 LinkedIn. Share your content on your company and personal LinkedIn pages.
- #2 Blogs. A major piece of content can be turned into 5-10 blog posts.
- #3 Facebook. Post your content on your company and personal Facebook pages. For wider reach, consider paid promotion.
- #4 Pinterest. Pin relevant images - from your content and other sources.
- #5 Podcasts. Do a podcast series related to your content.
- #6 Twitter. A major piece of content can be turned into 65-70 tweets. Maximize your reach by using #hashtags.
- #7 Press releases. Announce your content with search-optimized news releases.
- #8 Webinars. Host a webinar based on your content, and get readily accessible sales leads.
- #9 Email marketing. Send your content to a targeted distribution list(s).
- #10 Google Plus. Share your content on your Google Plus profile(s) and feature it in your introduction.
- #11 Articles. Pitch the media on themes relevant to your major content and look for articles placement opportunities.
- #12 Infographics. Create an infographic that visually presents the themes from your major content.
- #13 Videos (YouTube, Vimeo). Turn your major content into a video. Videos rank high on search engines and better maintain audiences.
- #14 Other social media. Game may continue by sharing content on other sites, such as SlideShare, flickr, StumbleUpon, FourSquare, Instagram or Tumblr.
- Over-promote your company and risk losing the game!
- Bonus exposure: Activities that allow you to create additional content, replay the game and get more visibility and leads.
Steps for an effective content marketing strategy:
#1 Pick a topic. Relating your content to trending topics increases its reach and resonance (technology, networking, services, advice, publicity, communication).
#2 Write and optimize. find keyword topic that increase your search space and include some link love - links to popular content.
#3 Promote and share. In addition to playing content marketing: The Game, share your content with influencers engages with your topic.
A Fisher Vista Infographic. Fisher Vista - Ignite | Engage | Connect.
Sponsored by Social Ears: Where Experts come to Play the Content Marketing Game.
Use Social Ears to create, optimize and promote content that expands networks, attracts leads and build profitable engagements. Start your free trial at www.socialears.com.