Use of Internet is on the across all age groups.
7.18 million internet users are 16-24 years old.
86,000 internet users are 55-64 years old.
48 million internet users in UK
21 million (80%) of householders in the UK had internet access in 2012
19 million (77%) of householders had internet access in 2011
93% of internet users in the UK had a fixed broadband connection in 2012.
8% of total retail expenditure in 2012 was online (compared to 2.3% in 2004).
In 2011 50% of searches contained just 1-2 words, 34% and just 15% contained 5 or more words.
In 2012, we saw a shift to longer searches with 49% containing 1-2 words 1-2 words, 35% containing 3-4 words and 16% containing 5 or more words.
500% INCREASE IN SALES THROUGH MOBILE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS.
1 Billion internet searches done in the UK every fortnight. By 2015, it will just take over 9 days.
90% of all search clicks are on generate by organic search results while the remaining 10% come from paid links.
Value of Facebook Fan:
You can expect 20 additional Website Visits Per New Facebook Fan
12% of all internet traffic is now generated by Social Media.
23% of time sent online is spent on Social Networking sites.
4.8 Billion people out of 7 Billion on the planet have a mobile phone whilst only 4.2 Billion own a toothbrush.
2015 – 70% of all handset sold in the UK will be smart phones.
2013 – Smart phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide this year.