Engagement Science: Making The Most Of Your Social Media Strategy
A need for strategic engagement:
- Despite being strapped for resources, marketers want to increase social management.
- Better customer engagement - leading business objective for 78% of marketers.
- 81% of marketers have a 1-3 person team dedicated to social.
- 54% of marketers don't have an allocated budget for social marketing.
Insights to engagement science:
- To increase social engagement, marketers need to understand the science behind social interaction to maximize their social media strategies by understanding a few simple variables, marketers can jump-start their social strategy and
stand out from the competition.
- Post to multiple channels: Content published to more than 3 channels increases over 30%.
- Average number of posts generated from promotions: 1) 3+ channels (174 posts); 2) 2-3 channels (161 posts); 3) 1 channels (122 posts).
- Average number of posts per day: 1) Monday (12pm-1pm) - 310049 posts; 2) Tuesday (4pm-5pm) - 34872 posts; 3) Wednesday (2pm-5pm) - 34767 posts; 4) Thursday (1pm-4pm) - 31841 posts. Best time of the week for single
post potential; 5) Friday (12pm-2pm) - 36045 posts. Highest volume of posts; 6) Saturday (11am-11pm) - 20085 posts. Best day of the week for overall engagement; 7) Sunday (11am-6pm) - 19868 posts.
- Lifespan. Lifetime of a post (percentage of engagement over the first ten days by social networks): 1) WordPress - 7%; 2) YouTube - 34%; 3) Flickr - 82%; 4) Facebook - 99%; 5) Twitter - 100%.
- Interactions per day (Total number of interactions; Days of the week): 1) Mon ~ 4.5m; 2) Tue ~3.6m; 3) Wed ~ 4.5m; 4) Thu ~ 5.774.226; 5) Fri ~ 4.5m; 6) Sat ~ 4.3m; 7) Sun ~ 4m.
- Interactions per post (Average number of interactions; Days of the week): 1) Mon ~ 150; 2) Tue ~ 140; 3) Wed ~ 110; 4) Thu ~ 170; 5) Fri ~ 130; 6) Sat ~ 181; 7) Sun ~ .170.
About the data:
- In preparation for the book "Stand Out Social Marketing". Mike Lewis analyzed data that spans over 100 randomly selected Awareness Inc. customers ranging from large, multi-billion dollar international companies to small, privately
- Social channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, WordPress, SlideShare) (B2B - 50%, B2C - 50%): 1) Total posts - 200.000; 2) Total interactions - 31+ million.
Produced by Stand Out Social Marketing | For more strategies and tactics to help your brand rise above the noise, visit: http://bit.ly/StandOutNow.