Communications in the Modern Office
- 34% on-premises.
- 64% are using a hybrid solution of both cloud and on-premises for productivity (hybrid of cloud & on-premises).
- 3% cloud only.
- Almost 90% say they would be comfortable using a cloud-based antivirus and antispam solution.
- Over 40% are extremely/very comfortable.
- 32% are seeing more than 50% ROI since moving to the cloud.
- 80% think it's extremely or very important to find email, IM or SharePoint information in their organizations.
- The top three most important security and compliance features for organizations:
#1 Defend against malicious malware, spam and other email attacks.
#2 Monitor and protect confidential and sensitive business information.
#3 Secure access to data on mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
- Almost 2/3 are extremely or very concerned about their organizations losing sensitive data without knowing about it.
- Nearly 50% of respondents believe employees understand the company;s IT compliance policies only somewhat or not at all well.
- 57% of organizations currently allow employees to BYOD.
- And an additional 15% plan to in the future.
Source: Harris Interactive® conducted the survey within the United States from Sept. 6-12, 2012, among a total of 450 U.S. residents ages 18 and older who are employed full-time as IT professionals with decision-
making responsibilities and at least a major influence in decision-making for security and protection protocols at a company with 100 or more employees.
For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Microsoft's Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at: http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx
(c) 2012 Microsoft and Harris Interactive Inc.