How To Grow Your Business With Online Video
Why is online video important?
- Half of Internet traffic in 2011 was video streaming.
- 8 out of 10 Internet users watch video online.
- There are 140 YouTube video views for every person in the world each year.
- 186 - the number of videos watched by the average Internet user each month. That's 6 a day.
- Between February 2011 and February 2012, the number of videos watched online in the USA grew by 660%: 1) February 2011 - 5 million views; 2) February 2012 - 38 million views.
- YouTube accounts for 28% of all Google searches.
So how do you use online video to help grow your business?
- Step #1. Decide on your target demographic: 1) 90% of highly educated people use the Internet, compared to 44% of lower educated people; 2) Percentage of Europeans by age group who use the Internet at least once a week:
16-24 yrs. - 85%; 25-54 yrs. - 70%; 55-74 yrs. - 40%. Those under 55 make up over 81% of Internet users; 3) In Ireland, 77% of those aged 16 to 29 use the Internet daily; 4) 87% of users 18-34 watch online video regularly;
5) Worldwide, 20-35 year olds watch and share the most online video; 6) However, those over 60 are some of the fastest growing users of online video and media devices.
- Step #2. Choose the type of video you want to create:1) Introduce your company; Consumer testimonial; Product demonstration; Case study; Commercial; Blog entry; 2) Most people do not watch past the first minute of any Internet
video; 3) Consumers are more highly engaged when watching a video about a product category they already planned to purchase: 85% watch past the first minute; 62% watch past the second minute; 4) 70% of consumers watch
product based videos they encounter on the Internet; 5) Show, don't tell: 57% of consumers watch past the first two minutes of a video that demonstrates a product.
- Step #3. Video distribution: 1) Embrace social media. Percent of companies on social media: Facebook - 71%; YouTube - 33%; Twitter - 59%; 2) Put video on your company's website!: Introduce your business or staff; Give a video
tour of the office; Start a video blog; Demonstrate your product; Create a webinar series. Creatively brand your business with video; 3) Over 500 years worth of YouTube videos are watched every single day on Facebook; 4)
Video e-mail messages generate 2-3 times higher click-through rates compared to e-mails without advertise; 5) 700 Tweets per minute contain a YouTube clip; 6) 8 out of 10 website visitors who watch an online video view the
advertisement in full: Visited the website related to the ad - 22%; Looked for more information - 26%; Visited the company - 15%; Purchased a specific product - 12%; 7) Digital Advertising is now the third largest category of
advertising in Ireland.