LinkedIn Audience In The U.S. A Look At The World's Largest Professional Network
- LinkedIn reached out to a sample of its over 50 million U.S. members to learn about who they are and what they do on LinkedIn: 1) 212 million business leads generated in 2011 via LinkedIn; 2) 3 out of 4 use LinkedIn to keep up
on business news or research news or research companies.
- Members turn to LinkedIn for a variety of reasons: 1) 76% networking with other professionals; 2) 72% fostering their professional identity; 3) 46% following current industry discussions; 4) 43% learning about companies.
- LinkedIn members deeply value our brand as a professional, trusted, and remarkably different social environment: 1) 81% of members prefer to have separate social networks for their personal and professional lives; 2)64% say LinkedIn
helps them develop relationships and grow new business.
- Members are more confident in the professional information on LinkedIn: 1) LinkedIn - 73%; 2) Twitter - 35%; 3) Yahoo Groups - 35%; 4) Facebook - 25%
- LinkedIn's audience of professionals is one of the most influential, educated and affluent on the web: 1) 8 out of 10 LinkedIn members drive business decisions; 2) 93% more likely to be college graduates that the average adult online; 3)
$86k - average household income, 23% higher than the U.S. general population.
Source: LinkedIn U.S. Audience 360 Study. August 2011. LinkedIn U.S. audience member count as of November 2011. The Nielsen Company @Plan Rel 4 2011.
Marketing.linkedin.com | LinkedIn.