Instagram's Fun Facts
Timeline (million users)
- 06/10/2010. App store launch.
- 12/10/2010 (1 week) - 100.000. It took Foursquare 7 months to get 60.000 users.
- 18/10/2010 - 200.000.
- 26/10/2010 - 300.000.
- 21/12/2010 (2 months + 2 week) - 1.000.0000. It took Foursquare 1 year and twitter 2 years to reach the same milestone.
- 02/02/2011 - 1.750.000. As of this date Instagram hits the mark of 70.000.000 likes on pictures by users and gets a 7 million dollars series A funding.
- 15/02/2011 - 2.000.000.
- 01/04/2011 - 3.000.000. 1% os the equivalent of United States population using a service available only on iPhone.
- 24/05/2011 - 4.250.000.
- 12/06/2011 (8 months) - 5.000.000. 100.000.000 pix uploaded. It took Flickr 2 years to reach this milestone, Instagram did it in only 8 months.
- 29/07/2011 - 7.000.000.
- 04.08.2011 (10 months) - 150 millions pix. 150.000.000 pictures uploaded in 10 months.
Instagram's average use
- 37% of Instagram users never uploaded a single photo.
- 25% of Instagram users uploaded an average of 1-3 pictures.
- 5% of Instagram users uploaded more than 50 pictures.
Instagram's pix uploads
- As of 01/01/2010 average upload is 4 pictures per second.
- As of 01/03/2011 average upload is 6 pictures per second.
- As of 12/06/2011 average upload is 10 pictures per second.
Instagram's secret recipe
- Why users use it: 1) Record of memories; 2) Viewpoints exchange; 3) relax.
- Why users share: 1) Enjoy something jointly w/others; 3) Self-improvement thru' judgement; 3) Common interests.
- Users' motivations: 1) USers take pix both for themselves and for others.
- Users' occupation: 1) Few photo pros mostly amateurs interested in taking in the hobby of photography more seriously.
- Why the community: 1) To receive support and validation; 2) Broadcasting platform.
Why you need to sign up to Followgram (to enhance your Instagram's experience)
- To get your customizable user page.
- To get your vanity url.
- To get your RSS feed.
- To get your blog or websites follow button.
And what cooking...
- New website layout.
- Saved searches.
And a lot more... @followgr.am. | Sources: Techcrunch; Instagram's blog; @instagram,; Z. McCune | Followgram is not owned, affiliated, endorsed or officially supported by Instagram. The Instagram logo displayed on the
infographic is property of Burbn, Inc.