The Power of Pinterest
Pinterest care about design and aesthetics than the average Internet user
- Baked goods - 3x.
- Fiber & textile arts - 3x.
- Crafts - 4.8x.
- Visual art & design - 5.3x.
- Hobbies & leisure - 3.3x.
- Interior decor - 3x.
Men are usually early adopters in technology, but on Pinterest...
- 79% - female.
- 21% - male.
The mobile devices pinners use to pin
- iPad - 55%.
- Android - 28%.
- iPhone - 17%.
1- days it took for Pinterest's iPad app to hit No.1 in Apple's App Store
- Pinners are predominantly 25 to 54 years old (17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-65, 65+).
Events drive activity
- 40% - percentage of pins on Superbowl Sunday that were food recipes.
- 150% - increase in items shared on Pinterest during the Academy Awards' red-carpet show.
The stores pinners love best
- Barneys New York (+204% - growth from May to July 2012).
- Nordstrom (+150% - growth from May to July 2012).
- Sephora U.S.A. (+1.884% - growth from May to July 2012).
- Victoria's Secret (+2.001% - growth from May to July 2012).
- Williams-Sonoma (+171% - growth from May to July 2012).
Where pinners vacationed last year
- #1 Disney World/Orlando.
- #2 Florida.
- #3 Las Vegas.
- #4 Chicago.
- #5 New York.
Pinterest's rapid rise (monthly U.S. unique visitors)
- 06.11 - 608.000.
- 12.11 - 7.516.000.
- 06.12 - 20.470.000.
- U.S. - 1.5 bn.
- Worldwide - 1.9 bn.
Average time of a Pinterest visit (in minutes:seconds)
- U.S. - 15:50.
- Worldwide - 14:20.
The brands pinners use every day
- Credit card - Visa.
- Wireless carrier - Verizon.
- Mobile-phone brand - Motorola.
- Television channel - Fox