The developers at Instagram loved playing with Polaroid cameras as youngsters, marveling at the instant gratification. They also felt that the snapshots people were taking were kind of like telegrams in that they got sent over the wire to
share with others.
- #1 Singapore - 100%.
- #2 Japan - 75%.
- #3 United States - 31%.
- #4 Australia - 29%.
- #5 Canada - 26%.
- #6 Sweden - 23%.
- #7 China - 17%.
- #8 Spain - 17%.
- #9 United Kingdom - 16%.
- #10 Netherlands - 16%.
- Singapore has almost double the search interest for Instagram than Japan.
- Singapore has triple the search interest in Instagram compared to the USA and Australia.
- Singapore has 4 times the interest in Instagram than Canada and Sweden.
- People in Singapore are pretty much 10 times more interested in Instagram than China and the UK: 1) Singapore (Singapore) - 100%; 2) San Francisco (United States) - 89%; 3) Chiyoda (Japan) - 83%; 4) Tokyo (Japan) - 70%;
5) Los Angeles (United States) - 50%; 6) New York (United States) - 47%; 7) Sydney (Australia) - 33%; 8) Toronto (Canada) - 32%; 9) Madrid (Spain) - 18%; 10) London (United Kingdom) - 17%.
- 7 million users in just 9 months.
- 1.3 million uploads daily.
- Top 25 free apps.
- 7 million users.
- 15 uploads per second.
- 150 million photos, 80% has filters.
- 1.75 million users per employee = Instagram 100 million photos (8 months) vs. Flickr 100 million photos (almost 2 years).
- Instagram users by photos upload: 1) Uploads - 0; 2) Uploads - 1-3; 3) Uploads - 4-10; 4) Uploads - 11-20; 5) Uploads - 21-50; 6) Over 50.
- Top searches: 1) Instagram Android - 100%; 2) Instagram iPhone - 75%; 3) App Instagram - 70%; 4) Instagram Twitter - 35%; 5) Instagram Blackberry - 35%; 6) Instagram Facebook - 30%; 7) Instagram PC - 25%;
8) Hipstamatic - 25%; 9) Instagram Mac - 25%; 10) Instagram Hipstamatic - 25%.
How it works
- Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter to transform the look and feel, send to Facebook, Twitter or Flickr. Tag locations. Foursquare check in.
What does it fix?
- Instagram has created some awesome looking filters to transform your photos into professional-looking snapshots.
- Instagram lets you take a picture once, and have it shared instantly on the services of your choice.
- Instagram optimizes the experience to be fast and efficient.
- Instagram helps spread news fast. People used Instagram during: Obama bin Laden's death, the Royal Wedding, the aftermath of the tragic Joplin tornado, and the launch of the last NASA space shuttle.
Apps and off-shoots
- The Instaprint. The first photo booth that connects with Instagram to print photos, called "Instaprint".
- Postagram. Postagram is an iPhone, Android and web-based app which allows you to send your instagram photos as postcards.
- Carta.am. The site either detect your current location to show you nearby photos, or you can search for a specific location of your choice.
- Instamaker. Instamaker will turn your Instagram photos into t-shirts, mugs and postcards.
- Inkstagram. Inkstagram gives you the missing web interface that Instagram so desperately needs.
- Instawar. Instawar puts Instagram photos against each other in a little game where two random images are displayed side by side.
- Create Statigrams. Statigram allows you to instantly turn your Instagram stats into your very own infographic.
- Gramfeed. Gramfeed gives you a web interface making it easy to get to all of Instagram's features in your browser.