Social Media for B2B Marketing
86% of B2B firms are using social media as part of their marketing strategy - including Twitter and Facebook. Why?
- There are over 140 million Tweets every day : a. At an average of 15 words per Tweet , that's the equivalent of Tweeting the entire contents of the Encyclopedia Britannica every day; b. ...47 times; c. There are over 200 million
Twitter users ; c. ...and Twitter is less than half the size of Facebook.
- Facebook has over 500 million active users : a. If Facebook was a country, it would be the 3rd largest country in the world; b. Half of the population of the US uses Facebook ; c....and only 77% of the population of the US uses
the Internet ; d. Facebook pages are viewed from the workplace more than any website, including Google ; e. Thomasnet , USA Today , Twitter (140 million), Facebook .
- B2B buyers: 1) 93% of all those social media users believe companies should have a social media presence ; 2) 37% of B2B buyers say they posted questions on social networking sites before purchasing to look for suggestions :
a. That's more than the percent who still use the Yellow Pages ; b. 20% of B2B buyers connected directly with potential providers via social networking ; c. 59% of B2B users shared learning from their research and buying.
- Lead generation: 1) Small to medium B2B businesses with over 50 Twitter followers generated twice as many online leads ; 2) Men are twice as likely as women to interact frequently with companies via social media .
Created by Ecreative Internet marketing: www.ecreativeim.com.
Sources: 1. http://www.bizreport.com/2010/05/report-b2b-firms-embrace-social-media.html; 2. http://blog.twitter.com/2011/03/happy-birthday-twitter.html; 3. http://blog.oup.com/2009/06/oxford-twitter; Facebook Press Office;
5. http://www.itu.int/en/pages/default.aspx; 6. http://www.allfacebook.com/report-68-of-business-internet-traffic-goes-to-facebook-2010-04; 7. http://www.coneinc.com/content1182; 8. http://www.genius.com/marketinggeniusblog
/2767/a-glimpse-inside-the-mind-of-the-new-b2b-buyer.html; 9. http://www.emarketer.com/Article.spx?R=1007639; 10. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/business/media/27audit.html; 11. http://www.complete.com.