Social Media Marketing Takes Flight In 2013
- #1 Social media marketing becomes a key initiative.
- #2 Marketing turns upside down - consumers become the marketers.
- #3 Social influence moves beyond "like" to incentive driven recommendations.
- #4 Marketing grows enterprise wide and can no longer sustain being a "department".
- #5 Discounts and giveaways will incentivize sharing of branding content.
- #6 Social impacts business infrastructures - siloed communication systems are challenged.
- #7 Social channels integrate and align.
- #8 The social media manager role emerges.
- #9 Media spend shifts from display to paid and sponsored content.
- #10 Social gaming will go mainstream and begin to be cross-platform.
- #11 The dawn of social TV - here viewers comment and share during air time.
- #12 Social commerce - rapid growth with NFC technologies in smart phones.
- #13 SEO - less focus on tricks and more on good marketing.
- #14 Rise of augmented reality - visualization over data.
- Facebook: Gifts will transform Facebook. Paid ads shift to paid content. Facebook begins to move into social search.
- LinkedIn: Evolves and grows from FIR focus to brand building for companies. Linkedln Endorsements becomes like Facebook Likes.
- Pinterest: Will lead in social shopping.
- Twitter: The newsroom of the future.
- YouTube: Gains reputation as key search tool.
- Google Plus: Sharing to selected lists is on the rise.
By Twin Engine.