Social Networking Timeline (2011)
- Bluepost Digital bring you a roundup of the major social media platform changes from 2011. Tweets us @bluepostdigital.
- January: 1) Jan. 6th. Twitter launches new desktop app for Mac; 2) Jan. 10th. Facebook rolls out new profile look to everyone; 3) Jan. 24th. LinkedIn adds InMaps to LinkedIn Labs.
- February: 1) Feb. 3rd. LinkedIn introduces LinkedIn skills for profiles; 2) Feb. 10th. Facebook announces it is rolling out the new photo viewer to everyone.
- March: 1) Mar. 10th. LinkedIn launches LinkedIn Today to help keep on top of relevant news to you; 2) Mar. 21st. YouTube adds news editing tools for uploaders; 3) Mar. 24th. Facebook launches new "Questions" feature for profiles and pages.
- April: 1) Apr. 4th. Twitter launches its new search and discovery tools; 2) Apr. 14th. YouTube releases tutorials to educate users about copywriting.
- May: 1) May 31st. Twitter launches follow button for websites.
- June: 1) June 7th. Twitter launches automatic link shortener; 2) Google Plus launches!
- July: 1) July 6th. Facebook adds video calling group chat features; 2) July 15th. LinkedIn introduces new profile sections for students; 3) July 28th. Twitter makes promoted tweets more visible.
- August: 1) Aug. 10th. Twitter adds activity tab and helps users view their favourites and RTs more easily; 2) Aug. 23rd. Facebook adds control buttons next to posts.
- September: 1) Sep. 14th. YouTube adds new editing tools for uploaders; 2) Sep. 20th. Google Plus introduces hangouts feature; 3) Sep. 21st. Twitter adds photos in text tweets; 4) Sep. 22nd. Facebook Timeline announced at the F8 conference.
- October: 1) Oct. 6th. LinkedIn adds company status feature to company pages; 2) Oct. 7th. YouTube announces it now has movies feature in the UK; 3) Oct. 27th. Google Plus updates posts and picture features.
- November: 1) Nov. 7th. Google Plus launches company pages; 2) Nov. 26th. Facebook adds new insights to pages; 3) Nov. 30th. YouTube replaces insight with YouTube analytics.
- December: 1) Dec. 1st. YouTube rolls out a new design; 2) Dec. 8th. Facebook rolls out Timeline to everyone; 3) Dec. 8th. Twitter launches new design; 4) Dec. 22nd. Google Plus announces admins and insights for brand pages.
(c) Bluepost digital Ltd. 2012.