SWOT ANALYSIS OF YAHOO!
- Yahoo has maximum number of users and most of revenues is generated through ads in yahoo.
- Yahoo is considered to be the best marketing company due to its large mail subscriber base.
- Yahoo is known for its web portal, search engine, yahoo finance, yahoo answers, yahoo mail, yahoo directory etc.
- Its product portfolio includes yahoo messenger, yahoo mail, yahoo personals, yahoo 360, Delicious, yahoo buzz, yahoo mobile, yahoo shopping, yahoo real estate, yahoo next, yahoo boss, yahoo meme, Y! connect etc.
- As per Jan. 2012 data, a survey says yahoo's market share in search engine is only 6%.
- Google already has 83% market share and the immediate competitors are Baidu which has same 6% and Bing has 4% in search engine.
- Financial health of the company is not so promising in terms for investors. The company's assets both in terms of tangible and intangible are on the declining side.
- Mail services, news, shopping, financial data and business directory services are provided by many others like MSN, CNN, E-Bay, Money Control etc.
- Being leading service provider on the Internet, Google is grabbing revenues from advertisement.
- Yahoo Directory is the most structured and authenticated business directory, any customized development to its user in this will lead to flow of new revenue to the company.
- The number of mobile users is constantly increasing in developing nations. Development of Yahoo Mobile wap services will improve the market share.
- Advertising in social media and Internet has become essential element for every commodity.
- Yahoo has huge potential in combining its services with social media platforms like Flickr etc.
- The biggest threat for any global service provider on the Internet is increasing competitions in the local market especially China.
- Yahoo's presence in the search engine services is declining very rapidly because of Google's strong presence.
- The number of competitors is increasing of new innovations in the Internet space by young entrepreneurs.
- The advertising market which was once dominated by Yahoo is being slowly grabbed by the social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace etc.
Designed by: Eye Candy Infographic | Source: http://www.marketing91.com/swot-analysis-of-yahoo.