The Music Industry as Seen From the Social Web
- Most engaged music companies on Twitter: (more engaged -> less engages) 1) Fanbridge, Soundcloud, Reverbnation, iTunes Music, MySpace; 2) ASCAP, Universal Music, Sony Music, Tunecore; 3) Warner Music,
Musically, Ditto Music, last.fm; 4) EMI, AIM UK.
- Britney Spears has more Twitter followers than the U.S. president.
- There are bands on MySpace than people in New Zealand. But New Zealand sheep still outnumber bands on MySpace at an 8:1 ratio.
- Proportion of music videos vs. non music videos on YouTube: music - 30.7%; not music - 69.3%. It would take about 180 years to watch every single music video on YouTube.
- According to Facebook: Universal Music have 3.700 employees; Sony Music Entertainment have 3.300 employees; Warner Music Group have 2.200 employees; EMI have 1.600 employees. That's 10.500 employees in
- There are 1.407.208 guitarists, 72.540 bass guitarists, 18.960 classical guitarists, 544,120 pianists, 137.660 drummers... and 2.920 ukele players
*Based on people saying it is an interest on their Facebook profile.
Produced in July 2010 by www.themusiciansguide.co.uk.
The Musicians Guide To World Domination.