The Review Of Reviews
- 75% of reviews posted on review websites are positive.
- 95% of unhappy customers will return if an issues is resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Behind search, ratings and reviews are the second most important site feature.
- 71% agree that consumer reviews make them more comfortable that they are buying the right product.
- 82% of consumers considered user generated reviews extremely valuable or valuable. From a survey of 2.445 US online consumers.
- 90% of unhappy clients will not do business with the same company again.
- 86.9% of respondents said they would trust a friend's recommendation over a review by a critic.
- While 83.8% of respondents trust a users review over a critic.
- 70% consult reviews or ratings before purchasing.
- 41% of respondents said they read four to seven reviews in 2010 before they felt comfortable with a purchase.
- Prior to making a purchase decision: 1) 30% conduct a few hours of research; 2) 60% conduct research for a week or more.
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 26% of the 137 top retailers surveyed offered customer rating and reviews.
- But 96% of them ranked customer ratings and reviews as an effective or very effective tactic at driving conversion.
- Customer reviews have a 10% increase in product page views within just two days.
- When it comes to quality of service, consumers are willing to pay up 99% more for an excellent rating than a good rating, depending on the product category.
- Customer reviews create 74% increase in product conversion.
- It is estimated that in 2014 10-15% of all social media reviews will be fake.
- In fact, the FTC fined Legacy Learning Systems $250.000 in 2011 for paying fake reviewers based on sales they generated.
- 92.5% of adults said they regularly or occasionally research products online before buying them in a store.
- Customer reviews have a 14% increase in conversion 30 days after launching reviews and 15% increase in product page views within 30 days.
- 57% of shoppers trust customer reviews as a research source.
- 35% question whether they are biased.
- Reviews drive 18% higher loyalty and 12% higher purchase satisfaction.
- A highly-rated product will increase the likelihood of purchase 55%.
PeopleClaim - Online Dispute Resolution For Any Problem | Sources: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/10/23/yelp-fake-reviews-public-shiming; http://adage.com/article/digital/digital/fake-reviews-rise-yelp-crack-
fraudsters/237486; eSpares.co.uk; Rate Point; Prospectiv; Compete.com; Jupiter Research; Foresee Research; Harris Poll; Power Reviews; Mashable.com; Edelman Trust; Barometer; Forrester; BIGresearch; Nielsen
Online Holiday Survey; Mediascope Europe; Digital Buzz; Marketing Buzz; Marketing Sherpa; National Association of Retail Marketing; Services; eTailing Group; CompUSA and as iPerception; Business Week;