The World is Coming to End and Blame Twitter
- The constant tweeting is taking a toll on our environment and our health.
- There are 233 million tweets each day. That's nearly 1 tweet for every 10 Internet users in the world.
Twitter is destroying our environment
- For every 1 tweet 128 tons of CO2 are released into the atmosphere. That's 29.9 billion tons of CO2 a year, and over 82 million tons each year.
- For every 27 tweets we release 1 ton of toxic chemicals into the environment. That's 8.7 million tons of toxic chemicals we choke on every year as we continue to tweet.
- For every 18.000 tweets 1 hectare of forest is lost. That's nearly 130.000 hectares of lost forest everyday, yet we can't stop tweeting.
- For every 14.000 tweets we lose 1 hectare of soil. We lose more than 17.127 hectares of soil everyday. That's over 6.2 million hectares of land lost each year.
- 1.67 mwh for every 1 tweet. Or roughly 366.3 million megawatt hours a day.
- 3.58 trillion tweets left until the end of all oil resources. If we continue to tweet at this rate we will run out of oil in 15.352 days, or roughly 42 years.
- 3 oil barrels for every 1 tweet. That's 78.4 million barrels of crude oil pumped every day.
Twitter is killing us
- Deaths this year: 11.6 mil. - communicable diseases; 10.4 mil. - hunger; 7.3 mil. - cancer; 4.5 mil. - smoking; 1.6 mil. - water related diseases; 1.2 mil. - road traffic.
- For every 1.700 tweets someone dies. That's 52.7 million deaths each year.
- 144.595 people die each day because of Twitter. Yet the tweets show no sign of slowing.
- 1 tweet smokes 60 cigarettes.
- 1 tweet spends $4.2 on illegal drugs.
Twitter is detrimental to our health
- For every 1 tweet we spend $1.90 on obesity related diseases. That's over 162 billion dollars each year.
- For every 1 tweet we spend 75¢ on weight loss programs. That's almost 64 billion dollars each year.
- 22% of U.S. are overweight. Or roughly 1.5 billion people.
- 7% are obese. Or roughly 516.4 million people.
- Yet 13% are undernourished. Or roughly 916.4 million people.
- 33%of the world has Internet Access.
- 3% of the world accounts for 100% of tweets.
- We are the 97%. The next time you are about to tweet, ask yourself: is it worth it?
Infographic provided by www.cabletv.com/blametwitter.
Infographic resources provided by www.coolinfographics.com & www.posterbrain.com.
Images from www.depositphotos.com