YouTube Recruitment: Why Is It Important?
- YouTube is the third most trafficked website in the world, trailing only Google and Facebook according to Alexa.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine trailing only Google.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views: 140 views for every person.
- Tip: Include YouTube in your social recruiting strategy.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- 3 billion hours of video are watched each month, from across 39 countries.
- Tip: Your chance to show off the personality of your company, don't miss it.
- Job postings with video icon are viewed 12% more than postings without video.
- Job postings with video icon receive a 34% greater application rate.
- Tip: Utilize to get higher response rates.
- 1 min. of video is worth 18 million words.
- People are over 2x more likely to visit a site upon seeing a video.
- The average visitor spends 15 min. every day on YouTube.
- Regularly posting videos can help your site receive 200% to 300% more monthly unique visitors and a 100% longer average time-on-site spent per visitor.
- YouTube demographic is broad: 18-54 years.
- Tip: Engage your targeted audience, show your company culture instead of writing about it.
- Over 185 million job related searches through Google each month.
- Video appears in 70% of the top 100 search listings.
- Videos are 53 times more likely than text pages to show up on the first page of search results.
- Tip: Tap into talent pool searching online for jobs.
- 51% of video viewers between the ages of 18-44 would look up a brand if they saw it mentioned in a video.
- 58% of users aged 18-34 that follow brands on social media would watch a video if a brand they follow posted on video.
- 500 of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook.
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- Tip: Encourage sharing on social networks to widen your brand's reach.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc.) every week.
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day, which allow you to connect with someone you're interested in.
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have either been rated or commented on by the community.
- Millions of videos are favorited every day.
- Tip: Optimize your videos for engagement and scale your company story efficiently.
3 easy ways to humanize your business using video:
- #1 Company culture - show how great it is to work with your company.
- #2 Employee videos - share employee experiences and testimonial.
- #3 Video newsletters - keep candidates up to date on your company.
Top 5 brands career channels on YouTube:
- #1 Google (http://www.youtube.com/lifeatgoogle) - 3.096.952 views.
- #2 US Coast Guard (http://www.youtube.com/USCGRRecruiting) - 976.833 views.
- #3 MPMG (http://www.youtube.com/kpmggo) - 555.501 views.
- #4 Northwestern Mutual (http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthwesternMutual) - 416.107 views.
- #5 Bertelsmann (http://www.youtube.com/BertelsmannCareers) - 312.638 views.
How to create an awesome YouTube channel:
- Research your audience and determine what interests them.
- Identify the tone and message you want to deliver.
- Create high quality videos, post at regular interval.
- Include a call to action at the end of the video.
- Make your video sharable & ask viewers to spread the word.
Sources: http://www.youtube.com/y/press_statistics; http://www.marketingsherpa.com/article.php?ident=32075; http://www.wooshii.com/blog/2012/02/online-video-increases-conversion-rates-but-just-how-much;
http://www.invodo.com/html/resources/video-statitics; http://glgaom.com/video/the-great-video-seo-frontier; http://www.dmnews.com/poll-video-drives-brand-engagement/article/235415; http://thehiringsite.careerbuilder.