YouTube In Numbers
- According to Nielsen, YouTube saw over 130 million unique US viewers who watched video content for the month of November 2011.
- According to Quantcast. YouTube amassed an estimated 159.975.920 people with 1.997.673.600 visits for January 1 to January 30, 2012.
- March 01, 2011. Digital Inspiration, in their blog, published a brief accounting of YouTube usage in an article entitled "Facebook Users Watch 500 Years of YouTube Video Everyday!".
- Digital Inspiration further revealed that Google has released new statistics around the YouTube usage across the world and that the world's favorite video website continues to set new records.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views (video playbacks).
- 60 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, This number was only "48 hours" a couple of months ago.
- Over 4 billion YouTube videos are viewed a day up from 3 billion so the new channel based layout seem to be doing well for YouTube.
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- 2007: 6 hours of video uploaded every minute.
- 2008: 13 hours of video uploaded every minute.
- 2010: 24 hours of video uploaded every minute.
- Now, 1 hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second: 1) 24 hours of video every 24 seconds; 2) 60 hours of video every 1 minute; 3) 9 months of video every 2 hours; 4) 1 decade of video every single day; 5) 1 century of
video every 10 days.
- Top online video destinations (December 2011, US): 1) By total streams: YouTube - 13.782.781.000; Hulu - 756.921.000; Vevo - 435.411.000; AOL - 358.784.000; Yahoo! - 338.700.000; 2) By unique views: YouTube - 131.382.000;
Vevo - 39.701.000; Yahoo! - 36.681.000; Facebook - 23.523.000; MSN - 22.986.000.
- Viewership is growing attracting millions of engaged viewers, 800 million people all over the world visit YouTube every month.
-More than 48 hours of video is uploaded every minute, a 37% increase over the last 6 months.
- Over 3 billion videos viewed every day, a 50% increase over 2010.
- More than 400 million views per day on mobile devices, tripling in the past year.
- Millions of people visit YouTube every day to discover something new and amazing. From National Geographic programming and full-length films by Lionsgate to Mystery Guitar Man's latest project, YouTube attracts a diverse
audience of viewers watching 3 billion videos every day.
- YouTube viewers are highly engaged - they spend 23 minutes per day on the site, and they rate or add comments to more than half of all YouTube videos. They share and favorite millions of videos every day.
- Who's using YouTube? US demographics (Total audience - 128.2m.): 1) Gender: Male - 47%; Female - 53%; 2) Age: 2-17 -14%; 18-34 - 30%; 35-49 - 27%; 50-64 - 20%; 65+ - 9%; 3) Household income (Monthly viewers): $0 -
$24.999 - 16.0m.; $25.000 - $49.999 - 31.6m.; $50.000 - $74.999 - 30.5m.; $75.000 - $99.999 - 20.9m.; $100.000 - $149.999 - 17.5m.; $150.000+ - 8.4m.; 4) Ethnicity (Monthly viewers): White - 96.9m.; Hispanics - 16.6m.; Black/
African American - 14.3m.; Asian & Pacific Islander - 5.6m.; American Indian - 1.5m.; Other - 9.9m.
- Top 5 most viewed videos of all time: 1) Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris - 712.600.789 views; 2) Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor ft. Pitbull - 501.192.531 views; 3) Shakira - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - 451.603.556 views;
4) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance - 1451.120.167 views; 5) Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna - 437.947.726 views.
- Top 5 most viewed channels of all time (As of March 2012): 1) RayWilliamJohnson - 5.177.053 subscribers; 2) Nigahiga - 4.846.966 subscribers; 3) Smosh - 3.923.817 subscribers; 4) Machinima - 3.916.345 subscribers; 5)
ShaneDawsonTV - 2.906.710 subscribers,
Buy Real Marketing - www.buyrealmarketing.com.