TOP 5 HEISMAN BLOWOUTS
#1 OJ Simpson
- University of Southern California 1968: What most people forget, is that before Simpson became an alleged murderer (yup, we still have to legally sprinkle an allegedly in front of it) and convicted kidnapper, Simpson was one of the
single greatest running backs in NCAA and NFL history.
#2 Jason White
- University of Oklahoma 2003: He received the Heisman Trophy in 2003 after throwing 40 touchdown passes while collecting his first of two "Quarterback of the Year". White became one of the only modern winners of the award not
to be selected, at all. by any team during the NFL Draft. Today. White is living the dream as a shoe store employee who has the ability to talk about the time he scored four touchdowns in a single game.
#3 Billy Cannon
- Louisiana State University 1959: As the 1359 Heisman trophy winner, Cannon was one of the most electric players in the nation while leading the L5U Tigers to their first ever National Championship. Cannon made several memorable
plays, including an 89-yard punt return for a victory over the third-ranked Mississippi Rebels. In 1983, Cannon was caught with $50 million worth of counterfeit currency that he buried in his backyard. Ended up serving two-and-a-half
years in a Federal Penitentiary and then became a dentist.
#4 Andre Ware
- University of Houston 1989: He set all kinds of records while putting up 4.699 yards and 44 touchdowns. He was picked for the Detroit Lions but was out of the league within 48 months before Al Davis (the guy who saw potential in
JaMarcus Russell) dismissed him. Played in Canada and Germany lor a time after. Now is a college football sports broadcaster.
#5 Rashaan Salaam
- University of Colorado 1994: During his career at Colorado, Balaam became one of the most successful backs in conference history. Was soon alter selected by the Chicago Bears. Salaam narrowly missed becoming the next Walter
Payton alter leaving the NFL within 48 months before becoming, as his biography notes, "the fourth most prolific rusher in XFL History as a member of the Memphis Maniax."
2012 top 5 candidate's for the Heisman
- #1 Collin Klein (QB) (Kansas State) (2012 season): 1) Passing: RAT - 167.4; YDS - 2020; TD - 12; INT - 3; CMP% - 69.5; 2) Rushing: YDS - 748; TD - 19; YPC - 4.9.
- #2 Kenjon Barner (RB) (Oregon) (2012 season): 1) Receiving: REC - 18; YDS - 219; YPR - 12.2; TD - 1; 2) Rushing: YDS - 1360; TD - 19; YPC - 6.8.
- #3 AJ McCarron (QB) (Alabama) (2012 season): 1) Passing: RAT - 168.1; YDS - 2158; TD - 20; INT - 2; CMP% - 66.0; 2) Rushing: YDS - -43; TD - 1; YPC - -1.1.
- #4 Manti Te's (LB) (Notre Dame) (2012 season): 1) Tackles: TDT - 90; SOLO - 40; SACK - 2; 2) Interceptions: INT - 6; YDS - 35; TD - 0.
- #5 Braxton Miller (QB) (Ohio State) (2012 season): 1) Passing: RAT - 140.1; YDS - 1753; TD - 14; INT - 6; CMP% - 56.9; 2) Rushing: YDS - 1166; TD - 13; YPC - 6.3.
Textbook Recycling: www.textbookrecycling | Sources: http://www.spike.com/articles/nf5lr9/the-top-10-heisman-trophy-winners-who-failed-at-life; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashaan_Salaam.