NATURAL SOLUTIONS TO REDUCE PAIN = REDUCED STRESS
The pain stress cycle
- The body and mind are connected, when one suffers the other is affected.
- The impact of pain on Americans: 1) 1/3 of Americans will experience chronic pain in their lives (pain that persists over time); 2) Americans consume 80% of the world's pain killers and 30 billion doses of NSAIDS
yearly (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs); 3) Pain is the second leading cause of work absenteeism, resulting in more than 50 million lost workdays each year.
- Chronic pain is the number one cause of adult disability on the US.
- Chronic pain (100 million): 1) Cancer - 11.9 million; 2) Coronary heart disease - 16.3 million; 3) Diabetes - 25.8 million.
Think twice before popping that that NSAID for your chronic pain (i.e ibuprofen, advil, aspirin, naproxen)
- NSAIDs impede healing by blocking the body's ability to regenerate itself.
- NSAIDs can cause GI complications like ulcers and GI bleeding, even death.
- NSAIDs can damage kidneys.
- Over 100.000 people are hospitalized each year with GI complications caused by NSAIDs use.
- An estimated 16.500 patients die each year GI bleeding caused by NSAIDs.
- The CDC ranks deaths due to NSAID induced GI bleeding as the 15th leading cause of death in this country.
- When using NSAIDs take the lowest effective dose for the shortest period of time.
The pain stress cycle can be broken with effective natural therapies to reduce pain. When addressing pain:
- First do no harm.
- Start with the least invasive treatment.
- Leverage the body's remarkable innate ability to heal.
- Get second opinions.
- Exhaust natural therapies before drugs & surgery.
Natural therapies for pain
- Acupuncture: 1) Used for centuries to treat chronic pain; 2) Regulates nervous system to induce relaxation and reduce stress; 3) releases the bodies own endorphins to reduce pain.
- Prolotherapy: 1) Used natural compound to regenerate tissue; 2) Targets ligaments, tendons, and cartilage; 3) Treats most pain syndromes.
- Neural therapy: 1) Treats scars to reduce pain; 2) Improves blood and lymph circulation function; 3) resets the autonomic nervous system.
- Prolozone: 1) Couples prolotherapy with gas; 3) Has strong antimicrobial activity; 3) Increases cellular energy production.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): 1) Uses patient's own platelets for regeneration of ligaments, tendons and cartilage; 2) Used by professional athletes worldwide; 3) Safe, low tech stem cell treatment.
Be Proactive. Take Charge Of Your Health, And When Possible, Think Natural Therapies First | Infographic Provide by Integrated Connections: www.integratedconnects.com | Three Rivers natural Medicine, PC:
www.thehealthplace.com | Sources: http://www.painmed.org/patientcenter/facts_on_pain.aspx; http://www.businessinsider.com/americans-consume-80-oercent-of-worlds-painkillers-2012-5; http://emedicine.medscape.
com/816117; American Pain Society. "Pain Assessment and Treatment in the Managed Care Environment". January 11, 200; http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204323904577038041207168300.html;
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/nonsteroidal-and-inflammatory-drugs-nsaids; http://nsaidalliance.com/what-you-need-to-know; http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/57/66051.htm?pagenumber=2;