Timeline of Apple Releases
Apple released its hotly anticipated followup to last year's iPad, the iPad 2.
Share prices and key product releases
- 1981. Dec. 1980. Apple launches IPO $3.59.
- 1985. Macintosh, all-in-one PC launches.
- 1985. Steve Jobs leaves Apple after being forced out by board.
- 1989. Macintosh Portable released.
- 1991. First PowerBook released, Mac OS 7 introduced.
- 1994. First Power macintosh introduced.
- 1997. Jobs returns to Apple as adviser and eventually takes CEO title once again.
- 1998. First iMac, an all-in-one computer, reminiscent of the Macintosh, introduced.
- 2001. First iPod introduced. Mac OS X launches.
- 2003. iTunes Store goes live heralding online music services.
- 2006. Macbook Pro and new iMac becomes first Apple computers to use Intel chips.
- 2007. First iPhone launch.
- 2008. App Store launch.
- 2009. Jan. 20th 2009 $78.20.
- 2010. Jan. 2010. The iPad, a touch screen tablet media device is launched.
- 2011. Mar. 2011. Apple announces the iPad 2 $352.00 (1830 GMT).
Source: Apple Inc.; Credit: Reuters | Graphic.is.