Biggest Earners and Spenders in 2012
How Toshl users around the globe whip their ?nances into shape. Gently.
Average monthly income per Toshl Finance user. Worldwide 1443 €.
- Income numbers from our secret volcano base: Australia leading the pack with 1723 €, followed by The European Union (1562 €), USA (1417 €), Canada (1350 €), Russia (1129 €), Brazil (1110 €),
Singapore (1003 €), India (570 €), China (446 €) and Philippines with 435 €, but gaining fast. There were a bunch of other countries too, but it's too hard to remember more than ten.
- Which mobile platform has the richest users? Average monthly income per person: Android - 1705 €; Windows Phone - 1080 €; iPhone - 2084 €; Symbian - 1100 €.
Average monthly expenses per Toshl Finance user. Worldwide 1531 €.
- Where are they spending like there's no tomorrow? The European Union in the lead with 1815 €, followed by the also splurgy USA (1735 €), Australia (1145 €), Singapore (1006 €), Russia (973 €), Canada (928 €),
Brazil (763 €), India (525 €), China (457 €), and Philippines are the thri?test of the ten with 385 € spent.
- Which mobile platform users spend the most? Average monthly expenses per person: Android - 2091 €; Windows Phone - 1075 €; iPhone - 2498 €; Symbian - 1407 €.
How we calculated this. Few words on data and methods.
- The data for the infographic was aggregated from active users of Toshl Finance on an anonymous basis. 10 countries were selected for comparison. Each users' monthly average was taken into account only once and then
included in our statistical analysis. We found that the ?nancial data was distributed in accordance with the log-normal distribution, which we then used to calculate the mean, standard deviation and median. No bunnies were
harmed in the making of this infographic, only tickled. A lot.